Who We Are
OCL Group Inc., is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee-owned, fully integrated general contractor with design-build solutions across Western Canada. OCL has the experience you can trust and the quality you can depend on. OCL has been proudly serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
The formation of OCL was a direct result of a few long-tenured industry professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit, wanting to get back to their roots and build an organization “where people matter”. Formed in 2009, OCL started their first project and began building around a business model focused on “People and Doing the Job Right”.
We are currently recruiting for two Project Engineers to join our team. This role will support our various divisions and business units. This position can be based out of any of our OCL offices. Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Edmonton.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager (EM), the Project Engineer will be part of a dynamic team supporting our oil, gas, mining and manufacturing clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the efforts of a multidisciplinary design team ensuring alignment and issuance of technical documents on time and on budget. Additionally, the PE will be required to deliver technical assistance to clients for matters related to each specific project.
- Maintain professionalism, be personable and committed to high quality work production
- Develop design schedules and monitor various projects’ progress
- Leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including subcontractors; adhering to budgets, timelines and key deliverables
- Work and align with all engineering disciplines and construction personnel to ensure project success
- Provide feedback and assistance on the technical aspects of client projects to management
- Review and collaborate on reports and designs completed by other engineers and designers
- Support the Engineering Manager and Project Manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans
- Coordinate timely response on for technical queries (RFI’s)
- Ensure compliance with local, national, and international legislation and standards
- Act as a liaison with client subject matter experts (SME’s)
Our employees would describe the work environment as team based, fast paced and entrepreneurial. We believe in hiring “A” Players who are self-motivated and intrinsically driven to succeed. These types of people thrive in environments with minimal guidance because they are resourceful and can seek out information on their own to make informed decisions. Turning around profitable, safe projects for our clients is key to everything we do. Our office has a casual “blue collar” vibe and we encourage a healthy work/life balance which means we are performance based and not about “punching the clock”.
- Competitive base salary, negotiable, based on experience
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance
- 100% employer-paid drugs, travel, life & dependent life insurance and AD&D
- Long term disability
- $7000 health care spending account per year (can roll into RRSP)
- Paid vacation
- Cell phone allowance or company provided cell phone
- Company provided IT assets
- Work/life balance. Flexible start and end times
- Company paid professional membership fees and/or dues e.g. P.Eng
- Company provided vehicle for site visits, client meetings, etc
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Project Engineering experience in Oilsands/Oil and Gas operations or maintenance
- Registered as a E.I.T. or P. Eng. with APEGA
- Ability to create and review technical documents, including project execution plans, specifications, and design documents
- Working knowledge of risk analysis and pertinent legislative compliance
- Experience in risk management and engineering work package development
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles and applications to effectively and efficiently problem solve
- Proven ability to manage projects within budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive and independent judgment and reasoning
- High level of proficiency with Google Suite
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Knowledge of construction techniques, skills and ability to work with onsite personnel in varying positions
- Multi-disciplinary work interest, understanding the needs and requirements of other engineering disciplines
OCL is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all who apply, however, only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.