Support the design of proactive application security frameworks to ensure the secure architecture and development of business solutions. This includes frameworks for performing consistent application security assessments and threat models as well as the development of secure design patterns and development standards.
Implementation of the above controls into a modern SDLC.
Conduct application security assessments, threat modeling and architecture reviews
Proactively communicate design and development principles to appropriate stakeholders
Proactively improve security designs to reduce vulnerabilities found after development of code
Influence stakeholders to correct security deficiencies in the solution design as well as developed code
Provide solutions to security deficiencies while allowing for necessary business and technical functionality
Automation and standardization of all applicable processes
In depth comprehension of the OWASP Top 10 and an ability to communicate with developers and application architects. Development or software architecture background is preferred.
Experience working with application security frameworks such as BSIMM and SAMM
Expertise in performing cloud architecture reviews, application risk assessments and threat modeling
Experience in integrating security controls into all forms of SDLC including automation into a CI/CD pipeline
Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and recommends technologies and solutions to mitigate them.
Implement security considerations for in house developed, COTS and SaaS solutions
Translates technical concepts into plain language to show business risk
Collaborates with developers and software architects to adjust designs to securely meet business and technical requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field strongly preferred; post-graduate degree is a bonus, but not required
- Knowledge and experience with the configuration of security controls and secure migration of enterprise applications to one of the major cloud providers such as Azure (preferred), Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Automation and standardization of software security controls, particularly into a CI/CD pipeline
- Communicate the need for security controls to a business audience, including justification of spend and effort
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent
- GIAC or Offensive Security certifications
- Cloud Architecture and/or Cloud Security Certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Cloud Security Alliance (CCSP, CCSK) (ISC)2