What We Do
We’re a marketing software company that serves small business owners, primarily financial advisors, and insurance agents. About 40,000 small businesses use our tools to build websites and send out our content. Generally, these businesses don’t have marketing departments but are growth-minded enough to know they need to market themselves.
We help them do just that. We work together to create beautiful website designs, automated marketing tools, and award-winning educational content for them. The end goal is to help them build better relationships with their clients with less hands-on effort.About Our Culture
FMG started over a decade ago and now has 300+ (and growing!) employees spread out across the globe. We embrace a fast-paced, results-oriented culture, and focus on a healthy work/life balance. We value collaboration and open, thoughtful communication. We believe work should be both engaging and challenging, mixed with a good sense of humor.
Our goal is to invest in motivated, successful individuals and watch them succeed both inside and outside of work. We’re building a winning team of A+ players and we hope you’ll be next to join us.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At FMG, we believe in the wholehearted acceptance of each other regardless of our differences. We strive to foster an environment that allows everyone to contribute to our mission in their unique ways. With the belief that diversity propels innovation, we are continually finding ways to cultivate a commitment to diversity and inclusion in our employees, services, and products, as well as in the communities in which we live and work.Our Employee Benefits
FMG strives to be a top-tier employer. We continually evaluate our benefits and total compensation packages to ensure we offer our employees the most competitive package we can provide.
About The Role
- Optional Alternate 9-80 Work Schedule – with every other Friday off
- Generous paid Holiday schedule with a paid Winter Holiday Shutdown week
- Comprehensive paid time off policies including vacation, sick, parental, and bereavement leave.
- Robust Insurance Plan including:
- Medical with $0 co-pay Telehealth plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with generous employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Company-paid Short & Long Term Disability coverage
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Matching 401(k) with immediate full vesting
- Employee Events Committee that plans fun in-person and virtual events
- On Demand Pay - allows access to a portion of your earned wages prior to the payday with same day deposit
- Internet & Gym Reimbursement!
- Work computer equipment is provided to help you succeed :)
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer able to guide how we build products, systems, and teams. As a lead on a remote team, a few general characteristics are very important:
- Good communicator - You are the communication conduit and advocate for the team
- Servant leader - You lead by example, are humble and are willing to do the work to make others better
- Good decision maker - You can guide discussions and balance pros/cons without knowing all the details
As a team lead, you have senior dev experience to leverage while guiding a multi-faceted team. In this role, you will be able to contribute positively to our culture of iterative development, team collaboration and our fun, positive, professional work environment.Compensation
This position is offering $100,000-$120,000 a year depending on experience and qualificationsWork Life
We believe in a healthy work-life balance. We strive to balance working quickly, efficiently, and sustainably. We believe work should be both fun and challenging. We believe team members are most productive at work when they are successful in their personal lives, and vice versa. We embrace an open, transparent, trust-based work environment with a remote-first culture. Our team members enjoy the privilege of working from home on a regular basis (even before Covid).
On a typical day as a lead engineer, you will have your own development tasks, but also work with your team to mentor, train and unblock them. You will work closely with a Product Manager and Agile Delivery Lead to ideate, backlog groom and estimate work. You may also work with our platform team to architect a next-generation module. You spend time thinking about both the long and short term needs of the platform and are passionate about making it the best you can.Primary Responsibilities & Expectations
Skills And Qualifications
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and mentorship to a team of developers, guiding them in best practices, architecture design, and code reviews to maintain high-quality software development standards.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, encouraging open communication, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- Collaborate with product owners, project managers, and other engineering teams to define project scope, technical requirements, and milestones.
- Play a critical role in the architecture, design, development, and technical decision making of applications in scope.
- Develop project plans, allocate resources, and ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Plan projects by breaking them down into workable pieces and transform acceptance criteria into tangible results.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently with self-motivation while also being a strong team player.
- Display a fast learning ability to adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Access to a private & secure workspace, free from distractions
- Accessible during the assigned work schedule for regular duties and responsibilities as outlined by the supervisor
- An internet connection with speeds of 5 Megabits down / 3 Megabits up (5mbps/3mbps)
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in developing web-based software.
- Skilled in planning projects by breaking them down into workable pieces and capable of transforming acceptance criteria into tangible results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Fast learner and a strong team player.
- Cloud computing, Amazon AWS
- Experience developing or working with CMS solutions
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban teams
- Ability to work remotely
- Test driven development, test automation
- Mastery of slack emojis and gifs
FMG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact
You can find out more about what it’s like to work at FMG, by visiting
Powered by JazzHR