Matrix HR is looking for two Information Security Analyst’s for our excellent client in the Financial and Insurance Industry. Please read on for further information on responsibilities and qualifications.
Contract: 6 months (Feb 24, 2024)
Work Style: Fully Remote
- Conduct privacy and security risk assessments to identify and mitigate data security and privacy risks.
- Assess and manage security and privacy risks associated with third-party vendors and partners.
- Monitor and ensure third-party’s compliance with relevant data protection regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA) and industry-specific standards.
- Working knowledge of industry reports, certifications (ISO, SOC, etc.), and ability to interpret standards, policies, and supporting materials.
- Develop, review, and update information security and privacy policies, standards, and procedures to align with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate strong desire to work collaboratively in an unconventional and non/linear way to problem solve unique solutions.
- Be customer focused and delivery oriented to drive change in ambiguous situations.
- Work proactively with internal clients to understand their needs and deliver creative solutions.
- Strive for continuous learning.
- Influence stakeholders and drive results.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years’ experience as an information technology professional with at least three of those in information security and privacy, demonstrating the accountabilities as listed above.
- One or more of the following certifications is required: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), or equivalent.
- Experience in third-party risk assessments and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of data protection regulations, privacy principles, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in security frameworks such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT, ISO 27001.
- Experience with security and privacy risk assessments and audit processes.
- Familiarity with security technologies and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and lead security and privacy initiatives.
- Meticulous attention to detail in assessing risks, investigating gaps, and developing policies and procedures.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of IT Audit processes, including design of control test procedures
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and build trust.
Matrix HR is a full-service recruitment agency specializing in the placement and administration of skilled trades workforce all across Canada. We have been in business for over nineteen years and have placed over 4,000,000 employment hours in the Canadian workforce. We have been recognized as one of Alberta Venture’s Fast Growth 50 and as a Leader of Tomorrow by Business in Calgary. As a leader in our industry, Matrix remains committed to the remaining cutting edge of the Full Service Temporary/Permanent Placement model as well as best-in-class managed services in Payroll and Back Office Support. We are proud to serve the following industries: Industrial ConstructionCommercial ConstructionOil and GasManufacturingWarehousingHospitality HealthcarePipeline Construction