Oghomwen Deborah UnokoRecruiter:
Janay Rashonda MooreAbout This Role
You’ll develop and improve manufacturing automation equipment and software used in the production of medical devices. You’ll provide daily support for existing manufacturing automation equipment in a dynamic, fast paced environment. You’ll work with manufacturing teams, product development teams, and external vendors to develop automated manufacturing solutions. You’ll develop and support automated machine vision systems for PD and manufacturing. We are seeking an individual who is motivated by being a key member of a cross functional team to overcome daily challenges and drive process improvements.Your Responsibilities Include
- Lead and coordinate technical projects that include engineers and technicians in the design, debug, and installation of manufacturing automation equipment.
- Develop control system solutions including electro-mechanical devices, sensors, controllers, and interfaces based upon standard development tools and procedures.
- Collaborate and build relationships with external vendors to align equipment designs with internal standards.
- Designing and developing new control systems related software and exploring new technology.
- Develop, write, and optimize PLC, HMI, Vision and Robot programs
- Must be adaptable, striving to find creative solutions to problems as they arise and assist in the implementation of predictive maintenance plans.
- Provide technical support to customers on multiple manufacturing lines (troubleshooting and debugging of automation equipment).
- Work cross functionally with manufacturing and production to relieve process constraints through controls solutions
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field required.
- 5+ years Controls Engineering Experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including vision, inspection, servos, robots, and communications systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI development (RSLogix, RSView SE).
- Strong attention to detail and doing it right the first time.
- Experience with automated machine vision systems/cameras
- Experience with LabView
- Experience with PackML modular state-based PLC programming.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation suite of tools (AssetCentre, Historian, etc.).
- Experience with industrial and/or collaborative robot programming (Adept, UR).
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience with Ignition SCADA system development (Inductive Automation).
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Engages in day-to-day operations and is driven to solve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
Among other requirements, Boston Scientific maintains specific drug testing requirements for safety-sensitive positions. This role is deemed safety-sensitive and, as such, candidates will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement. The goal of the drug testing is to increase workplace safety in compliance with the applicable law.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code
- 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.