Position: Information Security Analyst
Location: Dayton, OH
Direct Hire: Permanent
Salary: 85k -105k
Insight Global is looking for a Senior Information Security Specialist to both improve existing defenses and to implement new ones for a client in Dayton, OH. The main responsibility of this role is to improve and develop the cyber security defenses and security culture overall. This is a completely new role within the organization so the client is looking for someone to be hands on, not afraid to give their opinion, and hand out recommendations to their systems.
● Bachelor's and 3 years of experience, or 4+ years of experience directly involving Security Engineering work
● Experience with any of the following: Fortinet: firewalls and EDR. Palo Alto Networks firewalls and VPN, or CISCO
● Direct responsibility for one or more of the following: Penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, forensics and incident response, security controls gap analysis, security administration or Network defense
● Experience working with and securing multiple computing platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac)
● Working towards or holding a relevant professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, or CompTIA Security+.
● Familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST Cyber Security, ISO 27001, or CIS.
● Prior experience in leading Information Security initiatives and projects.
● Programming and scripting knowledge, at a level where you are comfortable automating and scripting tasks to speed up your work. (Bash, Powershell, Python)