The Digital Services and Real Property team is looking to staff the Senior IT Security Analyst position (ADG-C).
Reporting to the Manager of IT Security Operations, the Senior IT Security Analyst is accountable for providing senior-level expertise in the development and implementation of plans to test the viability of IT security across all House of Commons systems and technologies and the ongoing review and assessment of the security information and event management systems and tools within the Security Operations Centre required to monitor and detect cyber threats, incidents, and events. You play a lead role in conducting forensics investigations, identifying and assessing cyber events and incidents and developing mitigation plans and strategies to contain and eradicate threats. The incumbent also plays a senior specialist role on the Security Incident Response Team to address urgent and emergency responses to incidents, intrusions, and attacks involving House of Commons technologies, services and information assets.
The Senior IT Security Analyst will apply their proactive analytical thinking skills to IT security investigations, threat monitoring and hunting, being hands-on and digging into all aspects of IT Security as a generalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Top Reasons to Join the IT Security Operations Team
You will join an innovative and dynamic team of IT security professionals. You will have the opportunity to deliver quality service directly to Members of Parliament, their staff and the HoC administration. In addition, you will work with a transformational leader who motivates the team to innovate and create organizational change, promotes collaboration and fosters a trusted, supported environment to learn and grow.
- Training and development opportunities
- Work-life balance / 35-hour workweek
- 4 weeks’ vacation (minimum)
- University degree in information technology, computer sciences or another related field, OR an acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Leading the selection, deployment and configuration of SIEM and other common IT security tools and products in a Security Operations Centre environment;
- Auditing and testing of systems and technologies;
- Conducting vulnerability scans and intrusion detection;
- Identifying, analyzing and recommending solutions to address security events and incidents;
- Experience in developing business cases to support recommendations;
- Experience in recognizing the anatomy of an attack and in recognizing typical security scenarios and issues, as distinct from other forms of traffic;
- Experience in managing cyber incidents through countermeasures and mitigation strategies;
- Broad experience in the planning and conduct of forensic analyses and investigations;
- Experience in supporting and mentoring junior analysts.
- Prioritizing workload to respond to critical IT Security issues;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace by providing a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you have an accommodation request, require material in an accessible format, or need additional support with the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection Services at HOCCareers-CarrieresCDC@parl.gc.ca.
Each bilingual position is assigned a linguistic profile that identifies the level of second language proficiency for reading comprehension, written expression and oral interaction required. The profile for this position is BBB. Consideration may be given to candidates with other linguistic profiles.
Qualified candidates may be considered for future vacancies for this role or for other similar and/or related roles on an indeterminate and/or fixed term basis.
Learn more about us! Visit Ourcommons.ca.
To learn about our hiring process, visit Eligibility and Selection.