- Assist with managing corporate disaster recovery and backup systems
- Triage and analyze and action inbound Cyber Security threats (including firewall, server and XDR reports, amongst others)
- Follow-up with individual staff and senior management regarding critical Cyber security threats
- Assist with creation and execution of Cyber remediation/incident response plans
- Design and deploy remediation strategies and tools to handle prominent and recurring Cyber security threats to maintain high-security standard
- Assist with coordinating regular vulnerability and PEN testing and associate follow-up
- Assist with facilitating management and staff cybersecurity and privacy awareness
- Manage identity and access authorization as required
- Evaluate and decrease instances of inappropriate or excessive access to promote the principle of least privilege
- Assist IT team(s) on provisioning, maintaining and troubleshooting of servers, networks and cloud hosted infrastructure for the organization
- Other duties as assigned
What we Offer:
- Degree in an IT field or similar experience in IT Security
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant IT Security experience
- Experience working for a SOC a strong asset
- Background in systems administration
- Excellent understanding of IT Security controls, technologies, and processes
- Understanding of security frameworks like PCI-DSS, ISO 27001/27002, NIST
- Good understanding of network protocols, design, and operations
- Comfortable with Web Application Firewalls, SIEM, IDS/IPS, anti-malware , vulnerability scanners solutions;
- Experience with NGAV and EDR
- Familiar with cloud technologies and knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Experience with defining and enforcing security best practices in a corporate environment
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality required at all times
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Critical thinking – show a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for communicating security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career Progression
- Casual Work Environment
- Social Events and Sports Teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Evertz Microsystems Ltd (“Controller”), which is located at 5292 John Lucas Drive, Burlington, Ontario, Canada and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s data protection officer is Nadiera Toolsieram, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s and its' subsidiaries' and affiliates' recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Powered by JazzHR