Position TitlePosition NumberLocation
Cyber Security - Cyber Security Analyst I
USA, TX, Dallas 75252 Position TypeSkills/Attributes
cyber security, Management, Network Administration, ServiceNow Estimated Duration (In Weeks)
Estimated Duration (In Weeks)
20 Min Hourly Rate($) Max Hourly Rate($)
Min Hourly Rate($)
Max Hourly Rate($)
- **Only those lawfully authorized to work in the designated country associated with the position will be considered.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Job Title: Cyber Security - Cyber Security Analyst I
Location: Dallas, TX, 75252
Duration: 5 Months
Cyber Security Analyst I SOC Engineer
- This is a junior role req.The primary responsibilities of the Security Analyst / Engineer include:
- Acknowledge, analyze, and validate incidents triggered from correlated events through SIEM solution
- Acknowledge, analyze, and validate incidents received through other reporting mechanisms such as email, phone calls, management directions, etc.
- Collection of necessary logs that could help in the incident containment and security investigation
- Escalate validated and confirmed incidents to SOC Analyst
- Undertake first stages of false positive and false negative analysis
- Understand the structure and the meaning of logs from different log sources such as FW, IDS, Windows DC, Network Appliances, AV and antimalware software, email security etc.
- Open incidents in ServiceNow to report the alarms triggered or threats detected.
- Analyst should properly include for each incident on ServiceNow all details related to the logs, alarms and other indicators identified in accordance with the intervention protocol of each client and the SLA.
- Track and update incidents and requests based on clients updates and analysis results
- Properly log client requests and change requests in ServiceNow
- Generate weekly reports from SIEM for review
- Other duties related to the position
- Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Web application vulnerability scanning
- Security log management and monitoring
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems operations
- Vulnerability detection, assessment, and mitigation
- Risk assessment and deployment of security patches
- Antivirus management and operations
- Develop and maintaining information security metrics
- Administrative and service account creation
- Aid core security and incident response teams
- Enterprise encryption standards development and support
- Development and distribution of various security advisories and awareness messages
- Maintain growing knowledge of industry trends relating to security management and services
- Appropriate candidates should possess at least 2-3 years of experience in a Security Operations Center as part of either an Enterprise or Managed Security Services environment, as well as at least 1 year experience supporting security in a cloud-based environment.
- Client is looking for candidates who can provide a well-rounded knowledge and experience based in incident response and security event analytics. An overall flexibility and willingness to work under unpredictable time and project variables are essential.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelors in computer science/ IT /Electronics Engineering, M.C.A. or equivalent University degree or a related discipline, combined with a minimum of (1) years of directly related practical experience and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job OR
- Completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational prog
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).