Join a Challenger
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. We are big believers in innovating the banking experience because we believe Canadians deserve better options, and we challenge ourselves and our teams to creatively transform what’s possible in banking. Our team is made up of inquisitive and agile minds that find smarter ways of doing things. If you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges and redefining the future, you belong with us. You’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights. We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together.
We are a big (and growing!) family. Overall we serve more than 370,000 people across Canada through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™, and have been around for more than 50 years. Equitable Bank's wholly-owned subsidiary, Concentra Bank, supports credit unions across Canada that serve more than 5 million members. Together we have over $100 billion in combined assets under management and administration, with a clear mandate to drive change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Our EQ Bank platform ( eqbank.ca ) has been named the top Schedule I Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2023, 2022, and 2021 lists.
Purpose of Job
The Senior Identity and Access Management (IAM) Analyst will be responsible for operating and optimizing IAM tools and processes to prevent and detect attacks on the bank. Their primary responsibilities will include complex operational activities and project execution related to single sign-on, authentication/MFA, identity governance, privileged access management, and secrets management. The Equitable Bank Information Security team strives to embody the challenger bank mindset, and the successful candidate will be committed to continual improvement, taking better and smarter approaches to cyber security, including IAM.Main Activities
- Act as a subject matter for all aspects related to Identity and Access Management
- Review IAM processes and contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain IAM control requirements for cloud-based applications and services
- Ensure proper implementation and configuration of appropriate preventive, detective, and corrective controls for mitigating IAM risks
- Investigate IAM alerts and reports in a timely manner
- Manage ongoing reviews by business line and application owners to verify appropriate access based on job roles to capture any changes appropriately
- Support compliance efforts by conducting user and application access reviews and attestation tasks as required
- Lead creation and performing automation of user access lifecycle processes
- Engage with business and technical users alike to ensure controls are understood and consistently applied across tools, applications, infrastructure and data stores
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum 5+ years in an information technology or information security function
- CISSP or similar certification is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience in at least two of the following disciplines: single sign-on, authentication/MFA, identity governance, privileged access management, and secrets management
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technical, regulatory, and compliance environments
- The incumbent is expected to interact with all employees including executives and thus good verbal and written skills are important
- Experience working in a banking or financial services environment is an asset
- Ability to think out of the box for solutions to technical problems
💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
The incumbent will be working hybrid and in office time will be spent working from Equitable Bank’s additional office space located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, ON.
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!