Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 months contract
- Design, maintain and troubleshoot Firewall, Proxy, DNS and Load Balancer environment as per Corporate and security standards.
- Implement and support multivendor Firewall platforms featuring Checkpoint and FortiGate Firewalls.
- Design, support and maintain HTTP/HTTPs and SOCKS Proxies environment featuring Bluecoat SG series and McAfee appliances.
- Monitoring and checks of all Firewalls, Proxies and related equipment as needed.
- Maintain and organize reporting information and documentation on BNP current technology for Management review.
- Produce and maintain high to detailed levels of documentation as required for all Checkpoint, Fortinet, F5, Infoblox, McAfee and Bluecoat environments.
- Daily support and deployment of Firewall, proxy, DNs and Load Balancers related systems for the Americas region
- Perform routine maintenance functions for all systems including OS upgrades, hardware fixes, etc.
- Provide up to third level support for all Firewall, proxy, DNs and Load Balancers systems in the Americas region.
- Work closely with Information Security team to implement, verify, and review Security policies.
- Interact with multiple Business Units and groups for the purposes of Project planning and troubleshooting.
- Adhere to the controls, policies and procedures put forth by ITP. This is done in context to Proactively Manage IT risks, develop predictability within core missions, reduce impact to the production environment and improve stability and visibility through documentation.
- 3+ years Network Security Administrator supporting a financial service enterprise.
- IT Support
- Possibly CISSP and/or CCSA and/or CCSE Certified yet not essential.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of installation, configuration and optimization of F5 LTM/GTM load balancing, Checkpoint, Fortinet, McAfee or Blue Coat (HTTP/Socks) and DNS/DHCP Infoblox.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and network security technologies such as Clustering, Transparent mode, SSl/VPN, CLI commands (Bash, shell, IOS…).
- Thorough understanding of Checkpoint Multi-Domain Server and Fortinet Management tools.
- Experience with HP Network Automation and Solarwinds and/or Zabbix is an advantage.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong technical skills and experience with project management
- People focused with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual who can operate on their own initiative.
- Enjoy working with a team.
About US Tech Solutions:
US Tech Solutions is a global staff augmentation firm providing a wide range of talent on-demand and total workforce solutions. To know more about US Tech Solutions, please visit www.ustechsolutions.com.