Canada (Remote Work)Posting Open Date:
05/24/2023Posting Close Date:
06/07/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.Overview of role:
The Network Architect, Network Services, is responsible for leading the design and technology roadmap of WestJet’s mission-critical network infrastructure.
This role is a key member of the IT Networks Team and is responsible for the design and strategy of our growing network infrastructure. The successful candidate will have experience and proficiency with designing scalable, secure, maintainable, and highly available network services.Key deliverables / responsibilities include:
Experience and qualifications:
- Provide design, engineering, and integration planning of appropriate network technology solutions to satisfy business and technical requirements.
- Lead the development and creation of network technology roadmaps and tactical initiatives.
- Interact and liaise with various departments and vendors to develop network-focused processes, systems, and designs.
- Support technology discovery (early-stage assessments, POCs) in support of network strategy.
- Works within an Agile planning environment where work items are routinely added and actioned within bi-weekly sprint cycles.
- Work closely with other architecture teams within various disciplines (e.g. Security, Infrastructure, Enterprise, Database).
- Standardize network processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Provide mentorship within the Team as a senior technical resource.
- Assist in document creation and maintenance of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a disaster.
- Develop, generate, distribute, and review reports, which will be used for capacity planning and cost analysis.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent combination of industry training and experience.
- 10+ years’ of experience working with Network solutions within an Enterprise environment.
- Deep technical knowledge in two or more of the following vendor technologies: Cisco, VMWare (NSX, VeloCloud), Aruba Wireless, Azure Networking, Infoblox and/or F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers.
- Able to author multi-year technology roadmaps, and tactical initiatives, in both written and presentation formats targeted at technical and leadership audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience working within a network governed by PCI compliancy is preferred.
- Strong experience in datacenter and hybrid cloud architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) practices, Terraform, shell scripting, Ansible, and/or Python is an asset.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with minimal leadership oversight.
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Able to understand whole systems, collaborate with others, and share viewpoints.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Expertise in reviewing the systems designs of others to ensure the selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Vendor certifications and training on multiple products and platforms is a plus.
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com