Our Financial Services client in Toronto is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: $90K-$110K (up to 10% bonus)
Location: North York - Toronto Hybrid – 2 days in office
Full benefits from day one – 3 weeks’ vacation
Will pay for certifications
The role of the Data Security Analyst is to help ensure that Eckler remains a leader in information security. The successful applicant will be a leader in helping Eckler identify security threats, remedy gaps, and develop countermeasures to ensure the security and integrity of our data. The Data Security Analyst will report to the Director of Technology and Security.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in ensuring the firm’s security policies and procedures are followed and be accountable for delivering configuration changes in accordance with change control policies to a broad range of IT systems.
We are looking for a team player who will positively contribute to effective data management and security, as well as build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the Firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Security measures and controls
- Performing security audits, risk assessments, and analysis
- Manage the vulnerability program and work closely with IT Team on remediation strategies
- Maintaining and monitoring security software and detection systems and updating security software and systems where required
- Installing and managing security software, intrusion detection, and prevention systems
- Investigating incidents using security information and event management (SIEM) and other security monitoring tools
- Analyzing and reporting on anomalous behavior
- Recording and investigating potential security threats and escalating those findings to relevant parties
- Supporting information assurance processes and making recommendations for improvements
- Developing security policies and strategy
- SOC audits
- Partnering with the Incident Response Team (IRT) to investigate and manage cyber incidents
- Keeping abreast of the latest IT security measures and controls
- Solid cyber and data security skills
- Ability to identify security threats, trends and anomalies
- Researching attempted breaches of data security and rectifying security weaknesses
- Formulating security policies and procedures
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and security standards/frameworks
- Hands-on skills in DLP, anti-virus and anti-malware
- Experienced in firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Knowledge of SDLC best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at dealing with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Logical thinker and creative problem solver
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work to tight deadlines
- Adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies, and procedures
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cyber-security, or a related field is desirable, along with three at least three years of practical information security experience.
- Professional certification such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) designation, is desirable.