Term Role: July 2023-August 2024
The Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club is seeking a driven, self-motivated and team-oriented Manager, Premium Hospitality & Sales committed to growing their career on the corporate side of the sports industry. This position will live within our Corporate Partnerships team and will be responsible for creating, selling and servicing a full menu of high-end hospitality and premium ticket programs. This role will take the lead for new business generation in the areas of Luxury Suites, Loges, AGT Lounge, and Club Seating by customizing programs and packages that satisfy the needs and goals of our corporate partners and premium clients.
The Manager of Premium Hospitality & Sales will play a significant role in contributing and growing one of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club’s main revenue streams. As an important Rider Brand Ambassador for the Club, the Manager will need to be hands on not only selling, but will be the liaison between the Club, service providers and its corporate hospitality clients in all premium areas. This role will be responsible for cultivating new relationships with corporations, organizations, associations, and individuals. The Manager must be a problem-solver who consistently focuses on possibilities versus limitations, employs a positive, and collaborative approach to all premium negotiations across a variety of different internal and external transactions and the catalyst for the clients to have a first-class experience at Rider events.Requirements
Where will your talents be focused? (Includes but is not limited to)
What’s needed to be successful in this role?
- Leading and implementing a sales and service strategy including customized programs, benefits, and special services for premium accounts.
- Managing all corporate suite renewals, new prospecting, and sales.
- Managing corporate partner ticketing & hospitality requests.
- Engaging creatively to enhance partner relationships utilizing industry knowledge and brand awareness to provide corporate change solutions, create opportunities, and meet company objectives.
- Developing influential relationships with decision makers at companies, local and provincial businesses, associations, and other organizations to create unique hosting and hospitality programs for them.
- Collaborate with various departments such as REAL, facility operations, ticket operations, game day operations, marketing, and corporate partnerships to ensure organizational alignment & success.
- Resolving and responding to various client requests and concerns utilizing the highest standard of customer service and creativity.
- Hiring, Coaching and Managing the game-day VIP Ambassador team.
- Maintaining and growing a robust sales pipeline of prospects throughout the year.
- Properly managing and documenting all contacts via Ticketmaster, including prospects and current premium customers and includes resolving customer complaints, inquiries and requests.
- Processing ticket orders and working with ticket operations staff to ensure proper procedures are met.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior sales, ticketing or hospitality role for a minimum of 3-5 years along with the completion of secondary education, specializing in Business Administration.
- Being detail oriented with great time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Having a demonstrated track record in business development and sales, generating premium hospitality from a strategic, persuasive selling story.
- Possessing outstanding verbal and creative written communications skills, with an eye for detail.
- Having strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and maintain relationships through all customer touch points.
- Ability to manage budgets and drive profitability
- Ability to work game days and other special events to entertain new and existing partners and prospects, as required.
Wondering what to expect when working for the Riders?
Our employees are empowered to make a difference not only in the community, but in our business operations as well. It is our “secret” to a happy workplace. To do that, the Riders foster a culture that values respect, teamwork, hustle, hard work and fun (it is football after all!).
The Saskatchewan Roughriders are advocates for equity and inclusion and want our workforce to reflect the diversity that makes our province strong. YOU are Rider Nation, and we want the growth of our team to reflect all the amazing talents Saskatchewan has to offer.
We acknowledge the time and effort that is required to apply and thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note- this role is located in Regina and the successful candidate must either reside locally or be willing to relocate for this role.