Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations including Aave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.This opening is for a Security Researcher role within the company. If you would like to build and maintain the contracts library, Defender or any of our products, consider the product development openings.
What You'll Be Doing
- Review smart contracts for the top decentralized applications before they get launched and present findings and vulnerabilities that the protocol can have to the client.
- Team up with one or two auditors and review code line by line and try to hack it.
- Working on proposals to make code easier to understand and use in the future by sharing good practices
- Conduct open-ended research around cutting edge blockchain technologies.
- Paid time to conduct research and contribute to OpenZeppelin’s projects and knowledge
Nice to have
- Hands-on and practical experience in one or more of the following areas: software development, cyber security, mathematics.
- Experience with public Ethereum or other EVM-based blockchains.
- Knowledge in the Solidity programming language.
- Intellectual curiosity and the capability to learn complex topics
- Above-average attention to detail skills.
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- An advanced English level and great communication skills (oral and written).
- Passion about the blockchain space and decentralization.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team.
- Experience performing code reviews.
- Experience in financial engineering and/or capital markets microstructure
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (45 minutes)
- Team member interview (1 hour)
- Leadership call (30 minutes)
- Paid work test (lasting up to 10 days)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.Benefits
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!