May 23rd, 2023
Toronto, ON – People & Culture
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance use challenges, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 13,969 annually and providing 1,788 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. LOFT is also recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Internal Communications Specialist.
The Internal Communications Specialist will be instrumental in driving our internal communications strategies and contributing to employer brand initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with Director, People and Culture, to develop, implement and manage integrated internal communication programs to support employee engagement goals so employees are informed, inspired, and energized.
- Develop and help execute internal communications plans that support LOFT’s operational and strategic needs.
- Lead communications in various formats, presentations, and special projects, ensuring privacy compliance and adherence to all brand guidelines.
- Drive strategy, plan content, and oversee execution for our organizational updates and other all-staff communications, including a monthly staff newsletter.
- Recommend and set internal communications benchmarks and measure performance.
- Recommend and develop or edit key employee-facing communications that support organizational priorities and key employee initiatives.
- Support content governance and adoption of intranet as a source of priority content and timely information for workforce issues.
- Advise leadership on internal communications best practice and opportunities.
- As a member of the People & Culture team, support messaging and announcements regarding employee programs, benefits, and key updates.
- Work closely with the Development and Communications team to develop innovative ways to share employee stories and strategic hires on brand and other external/partner channels.
- Collaborate, ideate and develop content that supports employer brand initiatives.
- Support issues messaging from an internal communications perspective, ensuring alignment of internal and external messages and communications.
- Develop templates for internal communications and facilitate effective communication processes.
- Interpret internal communications data and user feedback to evaluate and improve internal communications and employee engagement.
- Support the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, or related field.
- 1+ years relevant experience in communications
- Experience partnering with leaders to craft strategic messaging.
- Experience partnering with HR teams.
- Strong writing and editing skills, in English.
- Strong design skills.
- Employee engagement or human resources experience is an asset.
- Adept at plain language communications
- Passion for creating a transparent, inclusive, and empathetic workplace culture.
- Understanding of leveraging digital platforms for cohesive internal communications.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to clearly assess and evaluate issues and alternative approaches.
- High commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience working collaboratively and creatively.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to work with a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit, charitable or healthcare sector, an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Defined Benefits Pensions Plan
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- E-learning program available all year round
- Starting vacation time above minimum standard,
- Additional paid personal and paid sick days
- Professional development budget available to help you nurture and shape your career
- Corporate Gym membership rate with GoodLife Fitness
- Access to Perkopolis, a comprehensive corporate discount program
- Access to unlimited DEI trainings through partnership Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Maternity-leave top up program
We believe there are many different ways of developing skills, and we love diverse
experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Note: All LOFT employees are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy; unless they are employed in or work regularly with staff who are employed in, non-client facing roles.
Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is also required.
June 6th, 2023.
Thanks for visiting our Career Page. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting email@example.com or (416) 979-1994.
Powered by JazzHR