USCG Enterprise Architect The max salary for this position is $115k and is based on experience General Description: The purpose of this position is to provide support to The United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5I) Service Center (C5ISC) to maintain and develop the Coast Guard’s Enterprise and Target Architectures. The architect would be responsible for strategically designing and architecting the USCG Enterprise Architecture to provide a range of requirements and analytical services that enable the Chief Enterprise Architect, C5ISC system engineers, shared service divisions, and command leadership to develop and sustain a wide range of C5I products and services. They will work in conjunction with the lead enterprise architects within the USCG EA Division and the C5ISC Architecture Standards Branch. C5ISC develops and supports the USCG’s C5I products and services that are used by end users at Coast Guard shore side command and control units, cutters, and small boats located throughout the United States and select international locations. Sponsors at Coast Guard Headquarters provide high level Operational and Functional requirements to C5ISC for the development of new solutions or major improvements/ upgrades to existing systems. The architect will facilitate the use of high level operational and functional requirements to support the C5ISC leadership and engineers with architecture development to specify necessary requirements to guide system engineering, integration, and modernization efforts. Minimum Qualifications: 5+ years of demonstrated enterprise and solution architecture experience using the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF). BS in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience. Understanding of event driven, reactive, and microservice architectures and best practices for delivering highly resilient solutions Experience / Skills: Strong leadership, project and team building skills - ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others with a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally. Demonstrates ability to deliver under tight timelines with minimal oversight and input trong collaborator - willingness to share ideas, documentation, and best practices.
- Define enterprise architecture standards, artifacts, and guidelines
- Experience in defining & realizing end-to-end Solution Architecture for large & complex systems Demonstrate technical expertise to architect end to end technology stack
- Collaborate with various business and technology stakeholders to understand business challenges
- Expertise in creating technical documents like Architecture views, Technology Architecture blueprint and Design specification
- Develop architecture models (logical and physical) to enable technology and data platforms at scale
- Operate in an agile mindset and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Perform enterprise analysis and evaluations on enterprise, target, and solution architectures. This work is essential to maintaining an accurate enterprise perspective
- Leverage existing functional and allocated baselines for related requirements and architecture to fulfill current C5I requirements and architecture baseline.
- Conduct architecture assessments on Technology Insertions for Technical Reference Model (TRM) alignment, alignment against the Target Architecture, decision support for Enterprise, Target, and Solution Architecture development milestone reviews, and assessing and evaluating EA Product for DoD and DHS architectural standards compliance.
- Facilitate the integration of requirements and architecture data for C5ISC Product Line requirements in the CG specified architecture and requirements tool.
- Reconcile stove-piped, legacy, and existing architectures, reconcile existing models with new solutions, and identify candidates for reuse
- Maintain reference architectures for the USCG IT enterprise for Endpoint Device Infrastructure, Communications Infrastructure, Computing Nodes Infrastructure and Security Infrastructure and maintain the data as the USCG IT enterprise is modernized.
- Maintain current architecture products and data in the CG specified architecture tool
Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification (FEAC) preferred Job Type: Full-time Location: Remote with occasional onsite meetings
AS&T is an EOE - M/F/D/V AS&T Offers a first class benefits package, competitive salary and bonus incentives.
Visit Careers at Advanced Sciences and Technologies (AS&T)