Element is looking to hire a Security Operations Center Analyst - Level 3.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Level 3 Security Operations Center Analyst. Ideally with a specialist in Digital Forensics or Malware analysis. In this role, you will demonstrate hands-on experience in Security Operations with extensive knowledge of various technologies and cyber security.
This position is located in our Cincinnati area location, relocation is not available.
- Continual real-time monitoring of Element’s Security Platforms such as SIEM and XDR
- Ensure the prompt analysis of anomaly detection tools to help identify security breaches, cyberattacks, and reporting activity.
- Progressive maintenance and improvement of cyber dashboards.
- Interface with the Incident Response Management function to report potential or actual incidents that have occurred and support the incident management process
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis, as well as security advisory services to the Head of Cyber Defense
- Development and execution of SOC procedures to ensure all aspects of Security Operations Analysis are carried out in secure manner and comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Exercise, tune and innovate security incident playbooks/standard operating processes
- Collaborative with colleagues and work with external suppliers and Managed Security Service Providers to remediate vulnerabilities and improve overall security controls.
- Perform analysis and forensics on computer/network artifacts and malware samples to assess the impact of an incident, document attack capabilities, understand propagation characteristics and define signatures for detecting its presence.
- Direct and coordinate analysts’ work and provide expert technical support
- Comprehensive experience of operating within a Security Operations Centre as a L2 or L3 analyst
- Experience in operating successfully within a large complex enterprise environment
- Proven understanding of security monitoring, intrusion detection, prevention and control systems including firewalls, anti-virus, web proxies.
- A understanding of the structures underpinning corporate IT systems and how these structures can be compromised and exploited
- Experience or understanding of security incident management frameworks and their practical application during an incident
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in any associated area e.g., networks, malware analysis, digital forensics etc.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and efficient problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity and social flexibility in a global corporate environment
- Experience in proactive communication to and direct interaction with senior staff
- Ideally, experience in working within a complex highly federated organization
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 7,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.