The Network Administrators takes ownership of administrative work in the Network Operations Center, ensures that documentation is correctly updated, and escalates engineering issues to more senior engineers or the oncoming shift. The Network Administrator actively monitors the ticket queue, vendor technical assistance center (TAC) cases, and internal tools. Also, the network administrator assists peer engineers in incidents or escalates them to the appropriate level. Technical issues can include tracking provider maintenance activity, following up with circuit vendors for reasons for outage (RFO), providing information on open TAC cases, and assisting with turnover of shift activities. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.Work Location:
- Document maintenances and impacts, ensuring high levels of accuracy.
- Document planned and unplanned network events in appropriate tracking and turnover system.
- Promptly and correctly respond to network events.
- Follow up with vendors as needed to ensure problem resolution.
- Take ownership of level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Escalate support requests to next level engineers as appropriate.
- Review and sign off on defined policy and process standards.
About Rackspace Technology
- Regional equivalent to High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of one year in a technical and customer service role involving network technologies Networking knowledge and experience around OSI model layer 1, 2 and 3.
- Understanding on IPv4 and IPv6 address scheme.
- Experience on network platforms (Various Cisco enterprise or data center network switch platforms such as 2960 or Nexus 3/7/9K).
- knowledge around Layer 2 protocols (STP, HSRP, VLANs, CDP, port-channels).
- Experience with monitoring systems (Arbor, Zenoss, Syslog, SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, etc).
- Proficient, verbally and written, in both the English and French languages.
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.