What is Later?
Later is the leading social media marketing and commerce platform that helps small business owners and creators grow their brands and businesses online. With a unique combination of tools, machine-learning-based recommendations, and education, Later makes it easy to visually plan & schedule social content, drive traffic, and increase sales – empowering customers to turn their passions into possibilities.
Later started at a hackathon in late 2013. Six months later, “Latergramme” launched to almost 20,000 people waiting to use the first version. Later is now the leading visual marketing platform for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest in the world with over seven million users, and in 2021 was ranked #18 in Canada in Deloitte's Fast 50 list, #119 in North America, and placed 51st in the Globe and Mail's Fastest Growing Companies list.
Later & Mavrck
In March 2022, Later was acquired by Boston-based influencer marketing platform Mavrck. The Mavrck platform allows large enterprise brands to automate their influencer marketing strategy for smoother partnerships and performance on campaigns. Together, we’re helping connect creators & marketers together to grow their social followings and businesses on social media.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineer at Mavrck, you’re responsible not only for getting things done but also for guiding others to deliver value. At this level, your total mastery of foundational software engineering concepts is assumed, and we expect you to start mentoring junior engineers so they grow into senior engineers too. Also at this level, you create your own work by understanding the problems your team faces and proposing, implementing, and delivering solutions to them.
- Collaborate professionally with product management, product design, and other members of Mavrck’s Engineering team throughout the software development life cycle
- Write efficient, readable, tested code in modular monolithic and microservices architectures using best practices
- Document technical research, design alternative approaches, and implement solutions from start to finish
- Maintain existing applications and triage issues using monitoring, observability, and testing tools
- Use CI/CD to release
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- 5-10 years of experience in a full stack Software Engineer position
- You have 4-7 years of experience building distributed software systems hosted by AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, certificate from a reputable software development program, or proven experience developing sophisticated software projects
- Programming languages:
- Strongly preferred: Kotlin / Java
- Bonus: Python
- Experience developing or knowledge of web application development
- Experience developing a relational database with SQL.
- Experience developing a non-relational database is a bonus
- Knowledge of Functional and Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Basic knowledge of algorithmic complexity
- Lead with Humility: We put what’s best for all ahead of what’s best for one - no big egos here.
- Adapt + Grow: We view uncertainty as opportunity and nimbly adapt.
- Make it Happen: We have big ambitions and the courage to achieve them.
- Succeed Together: We prioritize diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment - there’s a seat for everyone here.
- Celebrate: We bring an optimistic mindset into everything we do. We celebrate progress, each other, and unique perspectives.
Some perks of being on our team include...
- Flexible Working Environment & Work from anywhere program: We acknowledge (now more than ever) the importance of work/life balance.
- Flexible PTO: To further support freedom and flexibility, we want you to take the time off when you want or need it to best recharge!
- Learning & Development: Growth is a big reason people choose to join our team. We provide opportunities through lunch and learns, training, coaching, mentorship programs, and workshops. We also provide each employee with a generous Education & Conference budget - We support you in pursuing your passions and continued learning!
- Technology Bonus: We provide our team with a generous technology bonus to set you up with the tools you need to succeed in your role.
- Wellness: We provide our employees with a monthly Wellness Spending Account, to help cover costs related to fitness equipment, personal training, gym memberships or health and wellness practitioners. We also provide a variety of workshops, meditation and yoga at our monthly Wellness Wednesday events to help our team perform at their best.
- Parental benefits: We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work
- Healthcare: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, STD & LTD, 401k (US-based employees) and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family.
- Employee Resource Groups: Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. These ERGs provide support and community for employees
Where we work
We hire into our hub cities of Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON; and London, UK. We post our positions in the hub location(s) where we are open to having the successful candidate be located.
Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
We value diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age. Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.