Cyber Security Analyst - SOC Watch Lead
Secret Clearance TS/SCI with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph or currently have a CI Polygraph scheduled.
As a Cyber Security Analyst SOC Watch Lead, you will perform system analysis and best-practice malware analytical methodologies on Windows, Linux, or UNIX-based platforms, establish operational tempo and coordinate incident handling. You will also maintain situational awareness of current threat trends through cyber intel group.Position Requirements And Duties
- Assist SOC Watch Analysts with investigations into suspicious activity.
- Verify cyber event/incident ticket status and most recent actions are up-to date and current with incident communications/analysis.
- Maintain and update all actions taken within the in-house ticketing system.
- Prioritize cyber events and incidents as needed.
- Ensure adequate manning is assigned to carry out operational objectives.
- Conduct verbal turnover with outgoing/oncoming shift.
- Maintain written turnover as required.
- Monitor for information distributed by Fleet Cyber Command, NCDOC or NAVNETWARCOM, and subscriber IA for changes in the Information Operations Condition (INFOCON) level.
- Responsible for reporting devices or critical services in a “down” state during shift.
- Complete Daily Operations Report as required.
- Mentor SOC Watch Analysts on shift.
- Perform Quality Assurance of tickets created and of the analysis performed therein.
- Acknowledge NCDOC messages.
- Report on network traffic concerning risk to serviced units, to include risks identified in Cyber Tasking Orders (CTOs) (ex: Operation Dead Reckoning [ODR]).
- Maintain situational awareness of in theater operations that impacts traffic flow, and recommends SOC and Site Operations leadership (e.g., Joint Fleet Telecommunications Operations Center [JFTOC] WO) on remediation (secure)/maneuver.
- Collaborate with Defense Cyber Operations (DCO) forces in in-depth incident analysis via data correlation (to include working closely with network admins) and determines if a critical system or data set has been impacted and distinguish False Positives from actual incidents.
- Inform NCDOC of suspicious activity and coordinates with NCDOC on any following DCO-internal defense measures.
- Conduct targeted system auditing and analysis functions, and targeted vulnerability scanning.
- US Citizen
- At least 3 years of progressive experience with various prevalent malware families (e.g., Magecart, Trickbot, etc.) and Threat Actors.
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows OS internals and the Windows Application Programming Interface (API).
- At least 3 years of experience with authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, and incident handling.
- In-depth understanding of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures, and tools.
- In-depth understanding of malware and programming skills to include C/C++ and Assembly language, and detailed understanding of how network-based attacks work at the operating system and/or protocol level.
- Certified in accordance with DoDM 8140.03
Adapt Forward is a cybersecurity solutions provider for some of the nation’s most valuable information systems. Leveraging advanced threat assessment technology and experience in building high-level information security infrastructure, we develop adaptive solutions uniquely tailored to our customers’ business objectives to protect sensitive data against sophisticated threats in an increasingly complex security environment.Summary Of Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employment
- Comprehensive Physical Wellness Package, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care, plus Flexible Spending Accounts for health- and dependent-care are included in our standard benefits plan.
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Contribution is immediately available and vested.
- Annual Training Budget to be used for conference attendance, school enrollment, certification programs, and associated travel expenses.
- Eleven Federal Holidays, plus three weeks of PTO/vacation/sick leave that accrues at a rate of ten hours per month.
- Employee Assistance Program: Counseling/legal assistance and other employee well-being programs are also offered.
Adapt Forward is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, sexuality, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Adapt Forward promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Powered by JazzHR