Phone/Skype Hire. Onsite Position
Location: Clemson, SC
Duration: 12+ months
Monitoring and Operations:
Collaboration And Mentoring
- Perform real-time security monitoring, detection and response to security events and incidents within the Clemson University environment.
- Conduct thorough investigations of security events generated by detection mechanisms such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, etc.
- Recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
- Differentiate false positives from true intrusion attempts.
- Launch and track investigations to resolution.
- Alert users of intrusions or potential intrusions and compromises.
- Sort events and escalate incidents after a thorough investigation.
- Employee will be expected to respond to situations during non-normal university operating hours. Participation in routine 24/7 on-call rotational duties within the group will be expected (Typically, every 5-6 weeks)
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Provide tier2 level support of incidents escalated by CSOC interns.
- Educate and mentor CSOC interns to enable them to learn and advance their Information Security abilities.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to gauge the organization against regulatory and internal policy compliance.
- Provide technical security guidance to IT staff, particularly on vulnerability remediations.
- Participate in application and infrastructure penetration tests, as well as social engineering tests.
- Maintain situational awareness of the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies.
- Working and collaborating with researchers on cyber security related research projects at Clemson University.
Experience working in Security monitoring and intrusion detection; security assessments and penetration testing; incident response.
Foundational understanding of Networking and IT fundamentals
Experience using security tools like Splunk, BRO/Zeek, FireEye, Tenable, and Stealthwatch.
Windows and Linux hardening experience.
Cloud experienceRequired Education
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent relevant experience may be substituted.
Desired but not required: Security +