Key Major Function
Finastra is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for our organization. Reporting to the Senior Director, Network Engineering, this position is responsible for modernization of network connectivity solutions that service customer technology and enterprise domains. The chosen candidate will work with internal IT teams, and strategic partners to design and deliver connectivity solutions that service Finastra’s global client and partner base.
This as a superb opportunity to make a positive impact within the fin-tech industry. Accordingly, the ideal candidate should be forward thinking, and detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with highly technical peers within a collaborative environment.
- Lead or contribute to low-level planning milestones. Responsible for the following tasks: bill of material compilation, quoting, proof of concept (design and delivery), and production rollout.
- Meticulous implementation planning requires detailed change request submittals and pre-post/implementation validation planning.
- Contribute alongside peers within a project lifecycle leveraging waterfall and AGILE delivery methodologies.
- SRE (Site Reliability Experience) a plus.
- Design and implement against the following technologies and platforms – Akamai Web App Firewall, Cisco (Catalyst and Nexus) platforms, FortiGate, Cisco ISE, F5, MPLS, and SD-WAN
- Design and deliver against Finastra product needs within Microsoft Cloud, specifically: Azure Load Balancer, Application Gateway, Virtual NAT (Network Address Translation), Service and Private Link, NSG (Network Security Group), Basic and Standard IP allocation, VNET (Virtual Network), VPN Gateway, VWAN (Virtual WAN hub), and ExpressRoute.
- Lead or contribute to modernization efforts to enable business outcomes. Use cases: Finastra client or 3rd Party Partner to Finastra connectivity needs (on-premises to on-premises, cloud to cloud, or on-premises to cloud).
- Lead design tasks and compile/present connectivity options for leadership and peer consumption using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Create SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) that define operating parameters of newly created or existing connectivity and ancillary network solutions.
- Mentor peers within Network Operations and facilitate Operational Handoff meeting to socialize new design and enhancement details. Including Go-Live specifics – design review, field Q&A sessions, and perform Operational Checklist tasks before solution handoff to NetOps.
- Leverage working experience of routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, to deliver against business outcomes and operational excellence targets for uptime availability SLAs.
- Proficient with DNS (Domain Name Service) utilities to troubleshoot complex network issues.
- Working knowledge of IPAM (IP address management) tools – Infoblox a plus.
- Proficient planning for circuit activations – Internet and MPLS, to include activation implementation tasks.
- Web App Firewall (WAF) workstreams include certificate requirements gathering, lead application discovery workstreams with Product and Product Security teams. Deliver against on-boarding application onboarding prerequisites – gathering application URL/URI data, and adherence to certificate deployment policy.
- Commission newly deployed devices against our global standard for remote authentication.
- Implement new load-balancing elements – virtual appliance in Azure or hardware (on-premises). Create/modify front/back-end network elements to support application and service load-balancer needs.
- Plan, design, and deliver against SD-WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network) roadmap targets.
- Work within an AGILE framework as Scrum team member.
- Submit Procurement Intake Requests per process for quoting network needs with vendors and partners.
- Jointly solution with Strategic Partners whilst staying abreast of emerging product enhancements and new features.
- Functional and working knowledge of internetworking IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) standards – ethernet and IP routing protocols
- Applied working experience utilizing the OSI model to troubleshoot complex operational issues
- Microsoft Azure design and implementation experience is a requirement
- Foundational knowledge of DNS, DHCP (Domain Host Control Protocol), and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol)
- Functional knowledge of wireless and remote authentication
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Project lifecycle working experience
- AGILE and/or ITIL certified is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused with great interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible; ability to delivery in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter and highly accountable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Data driven and results oriented