RIMEX is recognized as the premier manufacturer and innovator of wheels and rims for the world’s most challenging industrial applications. By focusing on the requests and requirements of its customers, RIMEX builds custom solutions and specialized products that range from the most advanced wheels and rims on the market to the TyreSense TPMS and peripheral technology that sets new standards for tire monitoring and asset management. With sales and inspection/repair centers around the world, and a track record second to none, RIMEX continues to strive for shared success with its customers as it explores and embraces the future.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to join our team to work closely with the stakeholders to ensure that cyber security projects meet objectives across our organization.
The cyber security specialists main focus is to keep our data and IT infrastructure secure, which requires a diverse set of skills and responsibilities for various tasks, including process re-engineering and documentation of activities related to this area.
- Conduct threat and risk analysis and analyze the business impact of new and existing systems and technologies to eliminate risk, performance, and capacity issues.
- maintain vulnerability assessments and configure audits of operating systems, web servers, and databases and detect patterns, insecure features, and malicious activities in the infrastructure.
- Perform research, testing, evaluation, and deployment of security technology and procedures.
- Develop custom systems for specialized security features and procedures for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware.
- Develop and implement information security standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Keep current with new intrusion methods and develop protection plans.
- Conduct counteractive protocols and report incidents .
- Collect data on current security measures for risk analysis and write systems status reports regularly.
- Monitor constantly for attacks and run appropriate defensive protocols if a breach occurs.
- Conduct testing to identify vulnerabilities and collaborate with cybersecurity team to update defensive protocols when necessary.
- Configure antivirus systems, firewalls, data centers, and software updates with a security-first mindset.
- Grant credentials to authorized users, monitor access-related activities, and check for unregistered information changes.
- Help lead employee training to prevent phishing and other forms of cyberattack.
- Three to five years of experience in cybersecurity at a midsize or large company.
- Meticulous eye for detail and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong abilities in critical thinking, problem-solving, logic, and forensics.
- Advanced certifications and/or university degree considered an asset.
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Proficiency with antivirus and security software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in both individual and team settings.
- Ability to think like a hacker in order to stay ahead of threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Hybrid Position (WFH/in-office)
- Great company culture
- Family owned with Family values
- RRSP Program
- Performance Incentive Program
- Competitive wages
- Company paid events
- Gift cards and Christmas Turkeys
- Extended health coverage
- Dental & Vision care
- Travel Medical insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.