JOIN OUR TEAM
The TELUS Data & Trust Office provides world-class, innovative privacy solutions to all of TELUS, including TELUS Health. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities, support innovation and ultimately deliver on our promise to respect our customers’ privacy and to earn and maintain their trust. A Canadian company, TELUS Health operates in 160 countries and continues to grow, requiring an agile, rigorous international privacy program.
We see compliance with the law as simply our starting point and we passionately pursue opportunities to demonstrate respect for our customers and their privacy through transparent, robust, and ethical privacy practices. Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in privacy and data governance.The impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Health is on a mission to be the most trusted wellbeing company in the world. As a global health and wellbeing provider encompassing physical, mental and financial health services, TELUS Health’s nearly 10,000 team members are dedicated to solving the most pressing issues facing citizens, healthcare professionals, employers, and employees around the world.
As the Director, TELUS Health Privacy (Data & Trust), you’re in great company, working alongside some of the most passionate and innovative thought-leaders in healthcare in Canada. As a member of the TELUS Data & Trust Office, you will find your privacy team and colleagues to be equally passionate about innovation, thought leadership and our commitment to earning and maintaining customer trust every day in all we do.
We know that stakeholder trust in our health privacy practices and data ethics is essential to the TELUS Health strategy. TELUS Health is growing and so are the expectations of our stakeholders when it comes to privacy and data ethics – and we want to exceed those expectations. With your help, we will shape, influence and lead the digital transformation of healthcare delivery in Canada and across the globe. Your work will also help transform the way TELUS Health manages data and implements privacy by design principles in a meaningful way as part of our ongoing commitment to putting customers first, safeguarding personal information and protecting privacy in all our business operations.
Applying thought leadership, and leveraging your expert knowledge, you’ll provide guidance to internal stakeholders to mitigate privacy risk and ensure that we maintain the trust and confidence of our customers.Here's How
- Executing a privacy-first and ethical data use strategy to align with or exceed regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
- Partnering collaboratively across a broad range of business interests to develop and maintain strong working relationships across business groups, facilitating a team-based approach for all activities.
- Identifying privacy risks and collaborating with stakeholders in affected business groups to manage those risks.
- Collaborating with the TELUS Data Incident Readiness & Response team to evolve and execute on our strategy to protect end user privacy as well as the TELUS brand.
- Collaborating with our International Privacy team and international privacy counsel to ensure adoption of international best practices and adherence to applicable international privacy law.
- Providing consultation and advice to the Chief Data & Trust Officer on risks and other critical, related issues.
- Focusing on continuous process improvements in the overall management of privacy risk.
- Providing leadership to make independent decisions in ambiguous situations to mitigate privacy risk and protect the TELUS Health brand.
- Tracking risk and working with the business to implement required controls in a timely manner, taking accountability for the results to maintain customers’ trust in TELUS.
- Contributing to regular reporting to ensure a timely, accurate and useful assessment of the privacy risk level in TELUS Health.
- Leading and mentoring other team members in meeting customer and regulatory expectations.
- Learning continuously, innovating every day and seeking opportunities to develop and demonstrate thought-leadership
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Sought out for your understanding of and experience operationalizing health privacy requirements
- Noted for your ability to bring an integrated perspective to continuous improvement initiatives and problem solving
- Respected for your interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills across all levels of the organization, alongside your mastery in writing reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Recognized for your leadership capabilities to collaborate and accomplish goals with others, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams where required
- Confident in your knowledge and understanding of TELUS Privacy Policies and applicable privacy legislation
- Regarded as able to deal with ambiguity and complex concepts to make decisions independently to quickly mitigate risk and protect the TELUS brand.
- Trusted as a collaborative colleague who will act with integrity to fulfill TELUS’ commitments to its customers and other stakeholders
- Known for your ability to influence and negotiate effectively, to be a persuasive advocate
- Noted conflict resolution skills with a focus on win-win solutions at all times/strong collaborative skills to work with the business as a partner
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to mentor and coach
- With a university degree and 10 years of equivalent experience
- With a Professional accreditation from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) – or willing to acquire within 6 months
- Bilingual / Fluency in French
- A law degree
- International privacy expertise
This position will report to our VP, Chief Data & Trust Officer and can be located in any major city in Canada.