6330We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you can decide whether your preference is to work from home (remote), work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both. You may work from any of the following locations: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador and/or the Yukon.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is one of Canada’s largest mutual insurers, with over $4 billion in annual revenue and assets of $12 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Canada. Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million members in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy. Learn more at wawanesa.com
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.Job Overview
Working under minimal supervision, this job contributes to Wawanesa’s success by leading the cyber security operational technologies and cyber incident response practices. This role will be required to collaborate with executives / business leaders to reduce the impact of disruptions to information assets and business services.Job Responsibilities
- Lead, manage, and motivate a team of professionals to ensure success of the Security Operations & Incident Response functions.
- Ensure identification and drive the end-to-end remediation of discovered or potential security vulnerabilities and mature operational security processes and procedures.
- Manage major incidents by supporting the team with your in-depth knowledge of security concepts, such as threat vectors, cyber attacks and other techniques.
- Lead the development and implementation of processes designed to identify and monitor the movement of sensitive data, protecting it from accidental loss or malicious exfiltration.
- Collaborate with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in order to align information security’s operational capacities to meet the changing needs of our business.
- Support the CISO to develop budget projections and strategic plans based on short & long-term goals and objectives.
- Partner with the CISO and IT and business stakeholders to define metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program.
- Follow all risk remediation protocols to ensure issues are mitigated, risks are accounted for, and exceptions are tracked in accordance with frameworks, policies and standards set by the organization.
- Constructively engage business partners regarding cybersecurity issues.
- Participates in efforts to improve the Information Security community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Wawanesa is proud to be one of Manitoba's Top Employers for 2023 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work!
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience.
- Completion of, or working towards, a recognized management certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an Information Services/Information Technology role, preferably information security with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of highly available operational environments (24x7x365). A focus on information security operations is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a persuasive and eloquent manner.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize a busy workload and multiple projects / initiatives.
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to engage and influence business, IS leaders and executives.
- Strong ability to make well justified decisions in complex and high pressure situations.
- Ability to develop effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines and cost estimates.
- CISSP, CISM, GIAC certifications are considered assets.
- Experience in the insurance/finance industry is considered an asset.
- Experience with Wawanesa’s specific methodologies and technologies is considered an asset
- Understanding of ITIL is considered an asset.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful
environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages
(salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment
for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.