Highlights of the Job
Lightship Security is a market leader in standards-based IT product security certification. We work with leading edge technology vendors from around the world to evaluate and test their products against various cyber security standards such as Common Criteria and FIPS 140. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field.
We’re looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to join our team. Someone who is passionate about cyber security with hands-on technical experience, who works best in a team environment and has excellent communication skills, particularly in producing detailed technical documents. And, someone who shares true dedication to our core values: we solve problems for our clients, we work hard with integrity, we are technical experts, we value family, and we have fun!
Sound good? Here’s a little more about the job:
- Liaise with clients and internal teams to understand project context and gather inputs
- Perform cyber security conformance testing of IT products and report your findings
- Provide remediation advice to clients to address security conformance issues
- Produce Common Criteria document packages on behalf of clients and deliver to evaluation teams
- Perform ad-hoc consulting tasks as required
- Demonstrate and promote Lightship Core Values within the organization
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at Lightship, you enjoy both hands-on technical work and writing documentation with attention to detail. You commit to understanding relevant security certification requirements and are happy to explain them to clients. You are comfortable using Linux command line tools and have some experience configuring networks, setting up virtual machines and using security testing tools.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- 2 years of work experience in IT (cyber security experience highly valued)
- University degree in a technical field
- Experience using Linux command line and writing basic scripts
- Experience setting up virtual machines
- Experience in setting up and configuring networks
- Experience developing technical documentation / report writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong authorship abilities for producing and managing technical documentation
- High drive and initiative
- A proven ability to work well in a team and foster strong relationships with clients
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be eligible for a Government of Canada security clearance to a minimum level of Secret
What’s in it for you?
- H ealth & Wellness: Staying healthy is important; we provide health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Development Opportunities: We value our employee career development by offering professional support, coaching, training reimbursement program, etc.
- Social: We enjoy getting together at various company events
- Culture: Come join our innovative, collaborative, and dynamic environment
- Flexibility: We try t o accommodate real-life as much as possible and know that work is just a part of our daily lives. We offer a hybrid work model, and we expect the successful candidate to come into our office 2 to 3 days a week after an in-office onboarding and training period.
The successful candidate will work from our office in Vancouver, BC. With much interest in the role, preference will be given to Vancouver based candidates.
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.