What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Technology Security Architecture is responsible for actively contributing to the development of Security Architecture roadmaps, ensuring the platform alignment of business and IT goals. You will be the thought-leader to ensure we deliver at industry-best levels, and as a specialist in security design and engineering, you will apply your skills and experience in leading-edge high-tech environments. Your ability to create content, set and influence direction of our Security Architecture practice will be key. The architect is expected to have a deep knowledge of a broad range of information and physical security controls to protect data stores on-premises and SaaS based data lake solutions (potentially including the data, the database applications or stored functions, the database systems, the database servers, and the associated network links) against compromises of their Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. The architect works with Enterprise System Owners, Application development teams, Data Analytics Teams, Media/advertising Teams, and the Data Privacy stakeholders to build security into all current and new initiatives, features, and business plans, related to Identity, Dashboarding, Personalization, Data Analytics and Customer Loyalty programs.
- Develop and implement data security policies, procedures, and guidelines to protect sensitive information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Conduct regular assessments of data security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation and remediation measures.
- Collaborate with IT teams to design and implement security controls, encryption mechanisms, access controls, and other technical measures to safeguard data integrity and confidentiality.
- Establish and enforce data governance policies, standards, and processes to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and reliability of data throughout its lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive data inventory, documenting data sources, classifications, and ownership, and ensure compliance with applicable data protection regulations.
- Implement data retention and disposal policies to meet regulatory requirements and minimize data storage costs.
- Conduct regular audits and monitoring activities to identify data governance and security gaps, and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to data security and data governance, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
How You’ll Succeed
- Governance and Control– Establish governance processes for compliance with enterprise architecture directions and facilitate coordination of processes for cross-sbu synergy identification and shared service implementation. Establishing standards, processes, procedures and best practices to govern the application portfolio domain with the corporation.
- Business Strategy - Developing the IT strategy, goals and priorities, and systems recommendations to support the business strategy and culture. Ensuring accurate projection of the future state of business or technology architecture to avoid leading the organization to a position of strategic disadvantage compared to competitors in some areas of the marketplace. Sets direction for the development, maintenance and quality of artifacts and relationships in support of the goal of a single overarching architecture for the corporation.
- Relationship building - Establishing the frameworks for internal relationships and architecture work within the context of the business unit model and established mid-term goals. Collaborating with other members of the management team to establish architecture decision-making authorities and the nature of staff's cross-boundary relationships. Influencing external vendors and internal sub partners to ensure they build solutions consistent with the organizations planned policies, programs and architectural recommendations.
- Leadership – Supervise and manage 5-10 direct reports. Managing an operating budget consisting of standard base support + strategic management consulting projects totaling approximately 500k - 1 mm. Managing an operation budget of approximately $5 million. Accountable for ongoing portfolio management with respect to the inventory of business, data, application and technology capabilities and processes in the enterprise, including rationalization of functions and identification of opportunity areas.
- Business Assessment--Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
- Written Communications--Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Oral Communications--Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure. Strong presentation skills, and can clearly demonstrate uses of strategy.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking--Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
- You can demonstrate experience in the following: Application, data, cyber, client, cloud, network security. Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve productivity. Actively collaborate with enterprise architects to ensure all work items do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other. Work with platform engineers and architects to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synch with ever changing business needs. Managing and integrating a multi-discipline IT function while ensuring an overall enterprise IT perspective is incorporated across the function. Determining priority areas for strategic investment and focus and balance competing resource requirements within department. Identifying the need for and ensuring the development of key architecture processes as required. Keeping abreast of the external environment - IT best practices and regulatory guidelines - to provide stewardship, advise company executives on appropriate actions and plans, and recommend the introduction of new systems to support the changing business environment. Making errors in judgment could result in significant expenditures in technology that fails to meet the organization’s needs.
Who You Are
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work to deliver your best.
- You are a bold and accountable leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What We Offer
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan