- Support the migration of three regional data centers to either a single on-premise region or to the public cloud (Azure or AWS).
- Technical requirements gathering and validation.
- Assist in the design, plan and migration activities for customer migrations.
In this role, you will:
- Be the network expert during design, plan and test for migration activation and transition phases.
- Design, Develop and Deliver solutions which are well-thought out, reasonable and practical together with programme & Product Management, Product teams as committed.
- Responsible for requirements analysis and detailed design of various technical aspects related to traditional MPLS, Internet and Cloud Network and security solutions.
- Understand product & client requirements at a detailed level in order to build and deploy configurations for network and security equipment.
- Take leadership to address security concerns.
- Support both Solution Designers and Project managers on customer projects and also Operations in case of problem escalation.
The ideal profile:
- At least 7 years of experience in IT network architecture, technical pre-sales, virtualization in an Engineer role
- Ability to be the lead technical role on complex projects (Size and scope) overseeing requirement analysis through implementation and support pre and post migration.
- Advanced knowledge and proven expertise of network and security protocols
- Advanced knowledge of networking and switching
- Expertise in network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration
of network elements for an international telecom service provider or at least in a large and complex enterprise LAN/WAN environment
- Knowledge and understanding of programming language, Opensource, Openflow and APIs
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to interact with internal stakeholders, customers, business partners
- Sound knowledge of standard engineering principles, theories, concepts and methodologies (Requirements definition/analysis, design, tests, documentation)
- Sound abstraction skills, Innovative and out of the box thinking person.
- Must be proficient in the following: VMware NSX-T
- Required Skills:
- VMware NSX-T
- VMware NSX-V
- F5 GTM / LTM
- IPVPN MPLS
- Traditional Routing and Switching
- Palo / Fortigate Firewalls
- Nice to Have:
- AVI ALB (ideal)
- Azure / AWS Networking (ideal)
- Python, Terraform, or PowerCLI/Powershell
- Industry certification in virtualization technologies/products is desirable
6 months contract, 3 days a week in office downtown Montreal.