Our Commitment to Students
At Canadian Tire, we are committed to providing students with a supportive and collaborative environment that fosters knowledge sharing and offers key experiences to help them develop their capabilities through projects and objectives. We believe in setting specific and measurable goals that align with our business objectives to support learning and help students achieve their full potential. Our culture emphasizes learning from others, continuous improvement, agility, growth, and innovation, and we are invested in building a talented, diverse workforce for the future of Canada and Canadian Tire. Additionally, we are dedicated to building strong relationships with our student employees by engaging with them throughout their education and career pursuits, and creating opportunities for ongoing communication and relationship building.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team, you will help solve challenging cybersecurity problems related to logical access governance, provisioning, authentication and reporting across the Canadian Tire Enterprise. You will be participating in meaningful and transformational projects that will shape the future of Identity within the organization.
- Collaborate with cyber security thought leaders, product owners and security specialists
- Analyze requirements, architect strategies, and assist in technical solution design
- Conduct in-depth technical analysis to solve fun IAM challenges and optimize outcomes
- Recommend IAM process improvements, educate IT & business partners on IAM processes and controls
- Participate in transformational projects to facilitate the integration of new products
- Assist in user acceptance testing of new products to ensure requirements are met
What You've Done
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Cybersecurity, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience with standards and protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Development and configuration experience with Linux, AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, or PowerShell
- Hands-on experience in various scripting tools such as SQL, Perl, jQuery, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with various tools like Postman, Putty, SoapUI, JMeter
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or professional experience with security testing, used security scanning tools for systems and applications
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, AIX infrastructure, databases, web or cloud-based applications
We value flexibility. We have adopted a hybrid work model whereby employees use a combination of working in office and virtually in service of outcomes. Each leader is empowered to decide what work is best achieved in person based on the unique needs of their team.
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With more than 90 Owned Brands, 1,700 retail locations, financial services, exemplary e-commerce capabilities, and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies. We dream big and work as one to innovate with purpose for our customers at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on top talent to drive the company forward. We offer competitive salaries and wages to CTC employees, as well as store discounts, supported learning through our Triangle Learning Academy, Canadian Tire Profit Sharing, and retirement and savings programs for eligible employees. As part of our enhanced flex benefits program, we offer mental health benefits in the amount of $5,000 per year for benefits-eligible employees and their families, including total well-being, and mental health tools and resources for all employees. Join us in helping to make life in Canada better through living and working our Core Values: we are innovators and entrepreneurs at our core, outcomes drive us, inclusion is a must, we are stronger together and we take personal responsibility. It is an especially exciting time to join CTC and its family of companies where career opportunities are wide-ranging! Join us, where there's a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.