Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!Job Description
$19.05 / Hour
Open Availability Required
Must be 21+ Years of Age
The SOC (Security Operations Center) Security Analyst will be assigned to furthering the security mission within the client’s Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC) and Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The SOC Security Analyst is responsible for delivering operations within the GPS control room across all client sites in the respective region. They will work with the client’s leadership to ensure operational best practice to ensure the physical safety and security of our people, buildings, and assets.
As a SOC Security Analyst, you will serve and safeguard clients in a range of industries such as Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Education, Government and more.Responsibilities
- Provide customer service to our clients by carrying out safety and security procedures, site-specific policies and when appropriate, emergency response activities
- Respond to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Working environments and conditions may vary by client site.Execute RSOC and GSOC standard operating procedures, operating the SOC, in shift patterns as required
- Provide a high level of service to local and remote client sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of client staff, assets and information
- Monitor operational network video cameras; operate all SOC technologies including network video, access control, etc.
- Coordinate direct action and responses to incidents and alarm activation
- Compile reports for the SOC Shift Manager in order to share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis; provide high quality written and verbal reports as and when required
- Take telephone enquiries; maintain accurate logs of events
- Actively monitor and respond to critical systems alarms such as physical security systems alarms, fire panels, etc.
- Deliver world-class Global Security services by understanding and working closely with technical security implementations and incident management programs
- Serve as an initial point of contact in emergency situations which may affect the health and safety of employees
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external responders during critical incidents
- Foster cross organizational relationships to encourage risk information sharing across the business
- Provide exceptional customer service by anticipating needs, offering suggestions, and exceeding expectations
- Monitor several screens, systems, and events simultaneously, with the ability to shift priorities as needed
Perks And Benefits
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of security operations experience or previous experience working in a Global Security, Command, or similar 24x7 operations center environment
- Must possess experience in basic security analysis, problem solving, handling preliminary inquiries, incident assessment, and triaging reports
- High proficiency in using IT applications, data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills to a speed of at least 25wpm with at least 75% accuracy
- Basic knowledge of some technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN
- Basic working knowledge of data protection policies such as GDPR and the need to keep sensitive information secure
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond to incidents, particularly in emergencies, in a professional, resilient and timely manner with minimal supervision where appropriate
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
- Be at least 18 years of age for unarmed roles; 21+ years of age for armed roles
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years of verifiable experience
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a background investigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Allied Universal will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- A valid driver’s license will be required for driving positions only
- Health insurance and 401k plans for full-time positions
- Schedules that fit with your personal life goals
- Ongoing paid training programs and career growth opportunities
- Employee discounts through our perks program to your favorite restaurants, entertainment venues and much more…
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices . Requisition ID