The Software Engineer 3 will become a member of a mature software development effort using Java as the primary language. The development effort uses Agile methods to assign, track and manage software activities and requirements within the team. This position will allow an advanced level Java developer to broaden their skills in the Java language as well as use current technologies such as Quarkus and PrimeFaces. Use of these technologies allows for full stack development, to include ease of building UIs. Future requirements to expand into a hybrid computing environment will also introduce opportunity for increased knowledge in AWS technologies.Requirements
TS/SCI with poly required
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in projects of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software
- Quarkus (web container)
- Jakarta Faces and Primefaces for UI level development of web applications.
- Relational databases such as Postgres
- Using Maven, Git and Jenkins environments
- Ability to work in a team environment; good communication and collaboration skills; self-starter
- A minimum six (6) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years developing production software for one of the following environments: Solaris, or Linux OS.
- Six years (6) of experience developing software using the Java programming language or C or C++
- Demonstrated work experience developing RESTful services
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program