At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The risks in today’s disruptive environment are increasingly multifaced and evolve faster than ever before. We’re also continuously evolving the ways we proactively manage risk to address the risk environment of tomorrow. EY Canada’s Risk Management (RM) function is responsible for the management of a variety of risks associated with regulation, data protection, records and information management, client and engagement acceptance, conflicts and independence.
Our highly engaged team is looking to hire a privacy professional to join our data protection team. As an integral part of the Compliance team, this individual will be directly involved with policies, processes and procedures to maintain the Firm’s compliance with applicable privacy laws. This individual will also serve as a role model by promoting and demonstrating commitment to risk management processes and policies within the Firm.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support and promote compliance with EY policies and processes related to data protection and records and information retention and disposition
- Support with data protection activities, such as privacy impact assessments, data incidents and records of processing
- Individual will be required to provide appropriate and effective solutions and to consistently provide risk-appropriate advice to EY professionals
- Provide direct support to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Data Protection team
- Work with EY service lines and functions, other EY member firms, EY Global, and local stakeholders to design and implement policies and processes within Canada. Manage other special projects on an as needed basis
- Develop and deploy training and awareness campaigns on relevant topics.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Organizational skills, dedication to teamwork, time-management, strong communication skills (both oral and written), ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities, and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and understanding of client service
- Ability to work in a busy, deadline driven environment focused on accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2+ years’ experience in a compliance or data function, with experience in data protection activities such as incident response, privacy impact assessments, records of processing activities, records management and subject access requests.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial privacy laws in Canada, including Bill C-27 and Law 25 in Quebec. Some knowledge of CASL, GDPR and CCPA (California) would be helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with technology and architecture as it applies to data, e.g. databases, cloud storage, data flows, etc.
- Familiarity with risk management and compliance and ability to understand policies and provide guidance on related matters
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of project management, knowledge of the services provided by a multidisciplinary professional services firm
- Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.