This is an opportunity to join a thriving process engineering firm serving a wide range of industries from pharmaceutical and biologics to science and technology and food and beverage.
Cheme is a team of dedicated professionals that are passionate about what we do and how we do it. Cheme is a place where you will be challenged, supported, and given the freedom and ownership to thrive. We attract the best because we continually invest in our people through career planning, training and development, and mentorship. At Cheme we know that our business is successful when our clients succeed, and our clients succeed when our people reach their potential.
Cheme Project Engineers use their leadership and management skills to deliver projects on time, according to specifications, and on budget for our clients. The successful candidate has proven experience and familiarity working on capital projects in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, or science and technology industries.
Cheme Project Engineers are leaders who will lead a multi-disciplinary team on a variety of projects and provide coaching, and mentorship to younger staff.
The duties of the successful candidate will consist of a combination of the following tasks:
- Management of assigned team members
- Project scope definition and engineering fees estimation
- Preparation of proposals
- Primary point of contact with clients
- Preparation and maintenance of budgets and schedules
- Equipment installation and cost estimating
- Leadership of project execution including coordination of contractors, vendors, and progress reporting to the client
- Equipment selection, sizing calculations and P&ID development
- Preparation and review of engineering calculations
- Preparation and review of construction specifications, user requirements, functional specifications, and scope documentation
- Commissioning and validation protocol preparation and review
- Attendance of factory acceptance testing and on-site coordination and execution of commissioning and validation activities
- Travel to client sites for site review and troubleshooting
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree in engineering from a recognized Canadian university
- Current registration with the Professional Engineer’s of Ontario as a licensed Professional Engineer, Engineer in Training or another equivalent provincial professional engineering registration. If registered as an engineer in training it is expected that professional practice examinations will be written and passed within 1 year.
- Mechanical, Chemical, Process engineering skills with at least 3 years of current work experience OR Project management and process development or technology transfer skills with 3 years of current work experience.
- Experience in filling and packaging is considered a strong asset
- Experience managing capital projects from $5,000-$20,000,000.
- Management of projects, systems, staff, clients, money, and business relationships.
- Supervision of team members
- Training and development of junior staff
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with the ability to communicate clearly with clients.
- Adept at dealing with client’s and other people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of common business practices and techniques such as quoting, preparation of requirements, marketing and sales.
- Use of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office Suite to navigate a server environment and prepare engineering documents.
- Ability to use Microsoft Project to create schedules, and track project resources.
- Valid driver’s license, and owner of a car.
Experience in any of the following technical areas:
- Filling / packaging
- Air handling and HVAC design
- Heating and cooling systems (steam, glycol, tower water etc.)
- Clean utilities (PW, WFI, clean steam, compressed air, gases)
- Clean in place (CIP)
- Steam in place (SIP)
- Solution / suspension / product compounding
- Aseptic processing
- Fermentation / Bioreactors
- Downstream Processing (TFF/UF, chromatography, sterile filtration
- Powder processing (granulation, fluid bed drying, coating, blending)
- Solid dose processing (tableting and encapsulation)
- Solvent handling
- Waste water (neutralization, bio-decontamination)
- Technology transfer
- Active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing
- Laboratory instrumentation operation and integration
- Analytical chemistry
- Laboratory layout development and material and personnel flows
- Process engineering calculations, equipment sizing, specifications, flow diagrams and P&ID’s.
- Design engineering of mechanical piping, skids, components and layout
- Commissioning of systems including process/mechanical and control system start-up, calibration, balancing, functional checks and documentation of these tasks.
- Validation testing of completed systems which would include the preparation and execution of protocols, summary reports and initiation of corrective actions to solve issues.
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Work From Home - Flexible hours
- Training & Development
- Bonus - Awards - Gifts
- Employee Assistance Program - Counseling