Signode, the Transit Packaging division of Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK), has its global headquarters in Tampa, Florida. Signode is a global leader in transit packaging, with over 80 manufacturing facilities across six continents and more than 7,000 workers worldwide.
The Signode technology is a global team leveraging a hybrid operating model of on-premise and cloud-based solutions. The Network Infrastructure team supports all sites, data centers, and a global Azure cloud environment. The Sr. Network Engineer leads by example and guides other network engineers in managing networks and project deliverables to meet corporate, department, and team goals. Lead, coach and train the other network engineers on process and best practice. Assist in strategy and design. Lead in implementation, operational activities, documentation, and engaging with vendors to support the network and project initiatives.
• We offer a competitive salary with a range of $104,930 - $132,682 based on experience and skill set.
• A variety of benefits are also available, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, as well as Signode’s 401(k) program.
• Takes ownership of assigned networks per project assignment or designated operational areas and
becomes the subject matter expert (SME)
• Lead, coach and train network engineers on enterprise network build best practices.
• Design, lead and manage the rollout of various network infrastructures with necessary capacity planning,
performance tuning, and configuration optimization
• Ensures all systems in ownership are accounted for and documented. (Inventory, Backups, Monitoring,
• Trains and Guides the Network Engineers and Operations Team on policies, standards, and best practices
• Assists in the development of standards around the products of ownership
• Focuses on automatization of process and security and standardization controls
• Actively participates in the Change Management process, understanding the risk and impact of any changes made to our underlying customer base
• Ensures all systems under ownership are stable, secure, and well maintained
• Brings forth new ideas to simplify, standardize, and strategically align with the corporate goal of One Signode and better supportability
• Assists in developing short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
• Ensures department objectives are met by regularly interacting across functional areas, including senior management or executives as needed
• Self-motivated individual with ambitions for growth
• Team player who works well in a multi-faceted, diverse team
• Acts responsibly in the control of operational costs
• Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between IT and the Business Infrastructure Services
• Participates in SOX audits working closely with various supporting departments
• Remain current on industry trends and strategic development in technology to create revenue, reduce
costs or take advantage of new business opportunities.
• Responsible for assessing and recognizing environmental risks to the company and notifying management if such cases should arise
• Accountable for implementing SOX-compliant changes following the change management process defined to provide governance of Cloud Service Operations
• Assists in leadership roles while remaining pliable in following another’s lead
• Possesses good overall strength in network fundamentals
• Demonstrates strength in the management of defined network device types from Firewalls, Layer 2 & 3 Switches, Routers, Access Points, Network Security Gateways, Network Policy Server, Site to Site IPSec Tunnels, Client VPN, and monitoring products
• Possesses an excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP Networks with a strong understanding of the 7 Layer OSI Model
• Deep knowledge of network protocols IPSec, HSRP, SDWAN, QoS, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), TCP, UDP, etc
• 6+ years in a hands-on network engineering role
• Worked within ITIL and ISO best practices
• Experience in Public and Private Cloud Networking (Azure preferred)
• Solid/advanced experience with Routing Protocols, DHCP/DNS, LAN/WAN, Virtualization, VLANs (iSCSI, Out of Band Networks, IoT), VPN, Security, Systems Management
• Strong background in Automation/Orchestration of networking processes
• Must have a minimum of CCNP or equivalent certification (CCIE highly preferred)
• Proven ability to successfully participate on a globally diverse team and achieve collective goals and
• Listening, drawing out key concepts, and articulating advanced technical and non-technical ideas with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers, and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight
• Strong interpersonal, customer relationship/partnership, and influential skills to facilitate the implementation of efficient business processes
• Experience with implementing collaboration technologies and other tools that enable a global organization
• Strong efficiency in vendor selection and management
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles and best practices
• Travel is required roughly 25-50%