Looking for Senior Embedded Android Software Engineer at Nice to contribute to development of leading Access Control/ telephone entry products. Engineer requires excellent skills in Kotlin/Android with embedded system experience and additional skills of working with NDK and C++ libraries with excellent communication skills and teamwork skills. Salary
range is $115,000 to 140,000 depending on experience.
- Develop application on Android on embedded devices and systems.
- Develops software requirements and software project plans, including schedule dependencies, deliverables, and target dates.
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and implementation, covering complete software development lifecycle from requirements analysis to production and commercial deployment of embedded devices and systems products.
- Review code and design.
- Responsible for integration and validation of new product designs with other project team members.
- Supports verification and validation test methodologies for product release, and design for test in a factory production setting.
- Works closely with engineering managers, software quality assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design, debug, and release.
- Analyze, monitor, and improve efficiency and stability of the system.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Supports Software QA.
- Provide postproduction support of released products.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Science with Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Masters, preferred.
- Android embedded system, NDK and C++, VoIP, Cellular and Wired Network.
- HAL/HIDL and IPC (Android binder).
- Familiar with AWS, database concepts, JSON data handling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 years of comprehensive experience in with Android development or a combination of Android and embedded Systems.
- Experience in Android NDK (Native C/C++ services) and device drivers.
- Experience in Android framework architecture such as Connectivity, Camera, Android HAL/HIDL, and Inter process communication (Android binder).
- Experience with Android engineering design and implementation.
- 3 years' Experience with Kotlin/OOPS knowledge and understanding.
- Strong knowledge of JSON data handling and local database.
- Strong knowledge of IoT (Internet of Things) and web socket.
- Familiarity with AWS services and libraries is a plus.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and eager to succeed.
Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use hands to grip or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of utilizing a computer, printer, phone, and keyboard.
- Manual dexterity suitable for use of utilizing a computer.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to work in an office setting.
- Ability to walk and/or climb 5% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit at a computer for 90% of the time comfortably, with+ or without reasonable accommodation.
- Light to moderate lifting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be comfortable working in an office environment to include moderate noise levels.
- The working area is primarily in an open office setting with reasonable lighting and controlled temperatures.
As thinkers and creators, we look at the world with an open mind, engaging with the possibilities and broadening our perspective in an inclusive way.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business.