You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
Who We Are
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services - and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best - both personally and professionally.What You’ll Be Doing
The mandate of the Data Protection Office (DPO) in Fidelity Canada is to establish a Proactive and Collaborative framework that ensures Personal Data of Fidelity Canada customers, employees and all other individuals-data subjects is Identified and adequately Protected.
As the member of the DPO team, the Data Protection Analyst provides an excellent service in supporting Fidelity Canada’s data protection & data privacy culture through pro-active management of data privacy risks and continuous focus on understanding and improving our data protection controls.
Who We’re Looking For
- Collaborate with functional owners to review use of Personal data in Fidelity systems and business processes, assess data protection controls, identify required enhancements, and monitor their implementation.
- Maintain well documented inventory of data privacy reviews and findings.
- Support timely execution of DPO initiatives, and implementation of new and enhanced data protection controls.
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessment for Fidelity Canada projects, systems, and business process enhancements.
- Promote adherence to data privacy regulatory requirements, information security and technology standards and ethical use of customer data
- Support organizational awareness of Data Privacy requirements, through company-wide communication and training.
- Closely collaborate with technology teams to ensure continuous alignment with Fidelity Canada Information Security, Infrastructure, Data Governance, Architecture and Development standards and best practices.
- Partner with Risk, Compliance and Legal teams to ensure adherence of PIA and Data Protection controls to Canadian regulatory requirements, Fidelity Canada Privacy and Ethical Use of Customer Data policies.
The Expertise You Bring
- Completed Post-Secondary Degree in IT, Business, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in the data privacy field or a similar background in data governance, risk management, audit, legal, operational, data analysis
- Strong interest in data privacy and data protection
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple project assignments, with strong attention to details, and efficient time management
- Demonstrated organizational technology skills to maintain detailed tracking inventories, and produce required reports and analytic summaries
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
- Data Privacy subject matter expertise
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details
- Drive for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of technology and information security trends
- Good teamwork and relationship building skills
- Solid understanding of financial industry and related regulatory/privacy requirements is an asset
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following
- Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2022
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 - Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work