- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $65,000 to $75,000
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
Safe Software is looking for a Cybersecurity Operations Analyst who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! In this role, you will support the day-to-day execution of our Information Security Management System, enabling Safe Software to strengthen its security posture and ensuring we continue to earn the trust our customers have placed in us.
One of our fastest-growing teams, our Security team is a group of highly motivated individuals who have helped create unique initiatives and programs which underpin our security program. In addition to our dedicated Security team, we work closely with leaders across Safe to ensure that security is and always will be a team effort. The team is continually growing in recognition of the priority Safe Software places on security. We oversee all aspects of security at Safe Software, including:
- Corporate/information security - responsible for our internal security with respect to our corporate network, applications, and information systems
- Product security - responsible for the security of our products and platforms
- Trust & compliance - responsible for tracking and responding to customer expectations and provide transparency into our processes and practices
- Security awareness & education - responsible for ensuring our employees know how to work securely
While our Security team continues to expand, everyone at Safe Software is part of our mission to achieve better security and this is made clear to all our team members throughout their time here with us.
As Cybersecurity Operations Analyst, you will be:
- Monitoring the effectiveness of information technology (IT) security controls, creating dashboards and reporting findings to Security and Technology Operations leaders.
- Implementing and configuring IT systems according to best practices and compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001, ensuring the secure operation of internal systems and technology.
- Triaging, responding to, escalating security alerts.
- Developing and maintaining security operations playbooks, standard operating procedures, and other documentation in support of continuous improvement.
- Building and optimizing our internal vulnerability and patch management program to lower our risk exposure and proactively defend our perimeter.
- Identifying and seizing opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our security program, such as implementing automation workflows.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in Technology/Security Operations, ideally at an ISO 27001 certified (or equivalent) organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or other technology field or equivalent work experience.
Desired skills/bonus points:
- Experience with cloud-based services and infrastructure is an asset.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, compliance standards, and best practices is an asset.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification is desirable.
Who you are:
- You are conscientious with excellent attention to detail. You strive for high-quality outcomes through analysis and problem solving.
- You are able to analyze cybersecurity and operational issues in a logical manner and are able to summarize findings to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- You have strong communication skills, demonstrated by your ability to facilitate discussions which define an opportunity and by your ability to create reports to support decision making.
- You are a curious, self-motivated and ambitious learner who is passionate about the latest security developments and tools.
- You are a self-starter and a committed, enthusiastic team player with a focus on continuous improvement. You work well independently and in a team with minimal supervision.
- You are friendly, approachable, have great interpersonal skills, and are able to build strong relationships across our team at Safe. You are someone that your teammates want to be around!
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future.
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.