Arena Investors, LP is a global investment management firm specializing in private credit and equity.
Arena’s Chief Technology Officer is looking for senior software engineer who can balance technology skills with financial domain knowledge and good communication skills. The right candidate would be able to own their projects from start to finish and interact directly with their business constituents in accounting, asset management, operations or trading. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a large-scale proprietary fintech platform while honing one’s technical skills and learning the private credit business. Ideal candidates will be organized, analytical, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work effectively with all internal functional groups.
- Be a lead contributor to Arena’s web-based proprietary enterprise software platform.
- Work with Operations, Finance and Asset Management on business requirements, translate those into technical specifications and either develop and/or liaise with outsourced developer resources.
- Assist with managing enterprise software onboarding and integration projects. This could include trading systems, portfolio accounting systems, data warehouse, compliance, etc.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment and the capability to think broadly about the business and match problems to creative technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science or equivalent.
- 7-10 years experience in finance and/or technology (ideally fintech).
- Experience with full-stack web development (HTML5, CSS, AJAX, REST, JSON, SPAs, etc)
- Experience with leading PHP REST frameworks (Slim, Laravel)
- LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP)
- Experience with object-oriented languages a plus (Java, or C#)
- Strong database concepts including Mysql/MS SQL Server, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with third party Portfolio Accounting Systems (Geneva/VPM/Investran), Data Warehouse concepts, and/or Trading Systems (Eze/Broadridge) are a big plus.
- Comfortable with Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work from Home
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources