JOB POSTING #:
Friday, May 12, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
# OF POSITIONS:
RATE OF PAY:
$56,584.35 - $68,778.78 annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D:
- Reporting to the Employee Service Centre Manager, this position will provide transactional and customer service support for the Employee Service Centre and the Human Resources and Payroll Departments and will provide the first point of customer service contact and transactional support to employees, retirees, HR Business Partners, applicants and other external customers in a manner that focuses on accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment.
- The Employee Service Representative responds to employee and external stakeholder enquiries related to HR programs, services, and processes, employment posting and application information;
- Responds to general benefit and pension enquiries; performs general office support such as back-up for Records Management Clerk, reception, and mail.
- Will Utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for various tasks associated with the position.
- May assist with training new employees and timekeepers on the Workforce Management System.
- Responsibilities of the Employee Service Representative also include: maintaining Workforce Management (WFM)/Human Capital Management (HCM) data completeness, quality and integrity, updating the WFM for items such as job data information, step progressions, maternity leave top-up, vacation payouts and employee event processing, acting pay, enter data for retirees, etc, (e.g. new hire documentation) and is responsible to audit weekly timesheets in WFM to ensure accurate data is uploaded on a weekly basis.
- Employee Service Representatives are responsible for card access, creating, maintaining and editing access for employees and contractors. Is responsible for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) system and process monthly payments for optional life, health benefits, and overpayments (if applicable).
- Is responsible for processing all Leave of Absence forms and issue applicable letters, follow up for benefit payments, and update all data needed when employee returns to work including issuing refunds.
- Is responsible for the audit and changes to sick, vacation, and MOT bank balance accruals.
- The Employee Service Representative delivers consistent customer service excellence while achieving benchmarks and industry productivity and performance measures (including first call resolution, client satisfaction, service level ratios, average handling time, queue volumes, and abandoned call ratio).
- The Employee Service Representative also supports the Pension and Benefits area and will, replicate required data into OMERS and their technology applications and related e-services.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety Duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Business or Political or Social Sciences, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year administrative or Human Resources, or Payroll experience; OR
- Must have a post secondary community College diploma in Office Administration or Business or Political or Social Sciences Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of administrative, or Human Resources, or Payroll experience; OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year post secondary education in Office Administration or Business or Political or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of four (4) years administrative, or Human Resources, or Payroll experience;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must have highly developed customer service and communication skills (written, verbal) with the ability to meet constant deadlines;
- Must have demonstrated ability to be an active, positive team player;
- Must have strong analytical and proactive problem solving abilities while managing multiple priorities and superior attention to detail;
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational, time management, coordinating and prioritization skills, with ability to handle many tasks while responding to a high volume of inquiries;
- Must have demonstrated legislation and regulatory knowledge, such as Employment Standards Act, EI Act, Income Tax Act, OMERS, Ontario Pension Benefits Act, MFIPPA, Privacy laws, etc. required;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Experience and knowledge with PeopleSoft is considered an asset;
- Experience and knowledge with HCM/WFM systems is considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Powered by JazzHR