Position Type: Contract, 6 Months (with high potential of extension)
Our client, a leading Canadian software company, is currently seeking a Senior Privacy Legal Analyst. This is a senior role reporting to the Privacy Director, EMEA in which the selected candidate will interact with some of our most senior executives across the organization.
* Advise on, and negotiate, complex data protection/privacy agreements (Customers and Vendors DPAs) under different jurisdictions (strong knowledge of US and/or Canadian laws is required)
* Respond to customer questionnaires and inquiries regarding the company’s privacy practices.
* Perform vendor privacy assessments to ensure compliance with the company’s privacy standards.
* Working closely with members of the global Legal team, further, develop privacy templates and playbooks for commercial transactions globally
* Helping with setting new / revisiting privacy policies
* Supporting privacy teams in creating TIAs + Data protection impact assessments for all cloud products.
* Advising on International data transfers: Research, interpret and guide international data privacy.
* Extensive experience advising on privacy and data protection, with an understanding of key global privacy regimes, including GDPR, CCPA and HIPAA
* Experience with negotiating complex Data Processing Agreements
* Strong drafting, analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as commercial acumen
* Significant experience working as a lawyer (10+ years of experience within a technology-based industry would be beneficial)
* Experience of working with global teams based in different jurisdictions.