HEPACO (www.hepaco.com) is the premier environmental and emergency services company in the Eastern United States with coverage across 45+ regional locations. We specialize in emergency response, remediation, and industrial, marine, and waste services. HEPACO services a multitude of industries including transportation, utilities, energy, environmental consultants, industrial facilities, terminals, environmental service companies, general contractors, property owners, and the public sector through our Environmental and Remediation Services divisions.
Our distinction is our strong focus on quality, safety, and customer service. Throughout our history, HEPACO personnel have led the industry with new methods and approaches. Our motivated team consistently exceeds industry standards in all aspects of our work. We offer state-of-the-art remediation technologies, equipment, and a staff dedicated to a unique standard of excellence in environmental cleanup.
We are currently seeking a Jr. Information Security Analyst Intern to work on a part-time basis for approximately 8 weeks with our team to help audit, certify and maintain the security of our infrastructure. They must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. This person will serve as a member of a small, but talented team and must demonstrate a willingness to learn and support mission-critical infrastructure, security, and compliance. This position will assist in supporting the company’s information technology compliance, security operations, and general technical issues.
- Reviewing and writing documentation in Confluence, including process mapping.
- Assisting with tickets and completing tasks focused on improving the organization's security posture while using the NIST800-171 framework.
- Performing vulnerability assessments and analyzing security risks.
- Identifying and recommending security solutions to enhance the organization's security posture.
- Partnering with the SOC team to review alerts and ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate security threats.
- Contributing to maintaining the security of the organization's information and technology assets.
- Gaining valuable experience in the field of cybersecurity.
- Analyzing security assessments of systems and networks to identify vulnerabilities and risks.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of security controls and technologies to protect against cyber threats.
- Participating in incident response activities to contain and resolve security incidents and breaches.
- Analyzing security-related data, such as logs and alerts, to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Researching and staying up-to-date with the latest security trends and best practices.
- Participating in security awareness and training initiatives to educate employees on cybersecurity best practices.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Collaborating with other teams, such as IT and compliance, to ensure alignment on security-related matters.
- Providing support for security-related projects and initiatives.
- Developing reports and metrics to communicate the effectiveness of security controls and the organization's security posture.
Supporting all compliance requirements of all information technology systems this individual will have experience with evaluating and improving the security footprint of software and hardware platforms. Additional requirements include:
- Exceptional customer service experience
- 1yrs+ experience in Information Security or equivalent sysadmin/engineering education and experience
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Network infrastructure knowledge: switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points
- Incident management and test plans
- SIEM platform monitoring and tuning to create actionable outputs with minimal noise
- Experience with VPN and remote management tools.
- Basic knowledge of VLAN/LAN/WAN/Wireless, TCPIP, DNS, and DHCP, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects as required.
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
Fast paced environment, subject to frequent interruptions.
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.