Let us introduce ourselves. With 300 employees across Canada, ivari is a company that’s making a difference in the world of life insurance. How? By finding and hiring employees who are passionate about helping people protect their families, and by giving them the best, most supportive workplace possible.
At ivari, everyone is welcome! It is our mission to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and the communities in which we do business. We offer an inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. Here’s the job opportunity…
This is a 4 month contract opportunity for the Summer
IT Security Risk Analyst Intern reporting directly to the VP and Group CISO, this is a chance to get your foot in the door to learn the ropes from seasoned security analysts. You will perform various administrative security related tasks either on your own or with guidance and support from team members.
Your day may involve some, or all of the following tasks:
What We Are Looking For…
- Research and report on strategic cyber security risks, both current and emerging
- Maintain and manage the team SharePoint knowledge portal, including document updates, labelling and archiving.
- Research current best practices and update procedures and policies and other documentation
- Assist in access entitlement reviews and maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Obtain and track updates for internal team activities and initiatives using our work tracking tool.
- Assist in the development of internal procedure documentation.
- Assist in the execution of supplier cybersecurity reviews. This will include compiling documentation and reporting of findings resulting from those reviews.
We believe that cybersecurity is a very wide-ranging field. You do not need to be a hacker or computer genius but you must not be intimidated technology or technology concepts. You do need a good understanding of digital technology you are able to learn new technical concepts and software packages quickly and independently. You may not be a cyber security risk expert, but you would like to be. You have a deep interest in the field and are committed to constant learning.The Base Skills Required
Who You Are…
- You are required to create, edit, update and format professional documents and presentations. Good English reading and writing skills are required as is, proficiency with the more advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work both with a team and independently.
- Ability to perform research on technical cybersecurity topics, synthesize and present information in an easy to digest way.
Someone who enjoys a culture where everyone is genuinely respectful and you can be your authentic self every day. Your contributions and opinions are not only sought, but valued. You know the importance of, and live by, our core values of…
- Bringing clarity and focus to your work
- Taking ownership and doing what you say you will
- Remaining flexible
- Collaborating with others
Does this sound like you? We’re looking for great people to join our team!
Our commitment to inclusivity is reflected in the safeguards, policies and commitments we have in place to remove barriers and provide equal opportunities to prospective and current employees, without discrimination.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Human Resources representative is available to consult with applicants who require accommodation in the application or recruitment process. Any information shared by the applicant about an accommodation will be treated as confidential. If you do require an accommodation, please email email@example.com .