This is a 12 months contract located in Barrie , Ont/ Onsite
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
we are purely Network Ops Level 1/1.5 team and we deal with less complex to semi-complex issues and also look into complex issues and try to resolve them. so this is Tier 1 level support role and please make sure candidates are aware of the following and fine with them:
1) Job role: client Network Operations level 1 supporting production environment primarily
2) Shift rotation work: 12-hour shift rotation
3) Work Location: Onsite from SOC (no work from home)
4) Scarborough location
Operations Support Group (Network Operations) is a 7/24 Service Availability (Dual Site Coverage) department responsible for providing frontline support of client ’s network environment. The primary focus of the team is reacting to any/all anomalies that are presented through a variety of monitoring tools for the Bank’s mission critical network. We are looking for self-motivated and focused individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment requiring attention to detail.
• The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Strong team player, self-motivated, highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential in order to interact with support groups, clients and vendors.
• Experience and a sound understanding of network environments (TCP/IP, Cisco routers/switches, Firewall, Load Balancers, WiFi) including an excellent understanding of telecommunications concepts and connectivity.
• Strong understanding of Switching and Routing - Cisco Catalyst Switches: 2950, 2960, 9200, 3750, 3850, 4500 series, 6500 series, Cisco Nexus 2k/5k/7k/9k
• Hands-on experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Aruba or Cisco WiFi, Cisco Viptela SDWAN, Cisco ACI, VMware NSX is a definite asset for this position.
• Proficient in executing diagnostic techniques with a sound foundation of monitoring tools which include Tivoli ITNM, Vitalnet, QIP, Netscout and Riverbed.
• Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Network Security, VMware, AWS
• Sound second level problem determination and problem source identification skills with regards to the various network technologies utilized within client globally.
Specific Educational Requirements / Accreditations
• Technology Degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Must have Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification coupled with 5 years of experience
• Palo Alto Network Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) and certification in MS Azure are a definite plus
1.) CCNP (R&S) Cert (CCNP certified with minimum 3 years of troubleshooting experience OR CCNA certified with min 5 years of troubleshooting experience)
2.) Routing and switching
3.) Troubleshooting experience/Break fixes
NICE TO HAVE:
CCNP (SDWAN) Cert
Hands on experience with:
Cisco Viptela SDWAN
Palo Alto firewalls
F5 load balancers