Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. We are driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
As Philips Canada Legal Counsel (Privacy and Compliance), you are responsible for:
- keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments affecting Philips Canada (including for example French language laws, Health Canada regulations, competition law, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, government procurement laws, product packaging, marketing and advertising laws, employment laws, consumer protection acts, AODA, CASL, and AMP regulations)
- provide compliance advice
- draft and negotiate compliance related agreements (including for example healthcare provider engagements, reference site agreements and sponsorship agreements)
- help Philips Canada investigate alleged breaches of Philips’ General Business Principles
- develop and roll out compliance programs, policies, trainings, guidance documents and templates
- keep abreast of Canadian privacy law developments
- provide Canadian privacy law advice and support (including for example with privacy notices, privacy impact assessments and data protection agreements)
- help Philips respond to Access to Information requests
- work with Philips’ Privacy department to develop and roll out Canadian privacy trainings, guidance and documents
In this role, you will be:
- a member of Philips Canada’s Legal & Compliance Department
- reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance, Philips Canada
- working collaboratively with Philips’ Global and North American Privacy and Compliance departments
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following:
· Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (J.D.)
· Member in good standing of Canadian provincial or territorial law society
· Bilingualism (French/English) highly preferred
· 3 to 5 years in-house or private sector experience (healthcare sector experience preferred)
· Education and/or certification in Canadian privacy laws (CIPP/C) preferrable
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities and adapt to a changing environment
In return, we offer you an exciting and fulfilling legal, privacy and compliance role in a highly desirable health technology industry, and an opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive team environment
How we work at Philips:
Our flexible, hybrid work model merges work from home flexibility with occasional in-person collaboration at our new Mississauga headquarters. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the ever-changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Canadian work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this position, you must reside in or within commuting distance to our headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
All Canada-based Philips employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a documented medical condition or other protected human rights ground that prevent them from participating in COVID-19 vaccination may apply for accommodation. Philips Canada will consider accommodation requests on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable human rights legislation.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Join us and help improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year! Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.