Vice President, IT WINNIPEG
WINNIPEG AIRPORTS AUTHORITY
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is committed to its people. As one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 11 straight years, the WAA knows great people make a great airport. And as a community-based, non-share capital corporation, WAA is committed to keeping the Greater Winnipeg community connected through the management and operation of the Winnipeg Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. With new leadership and an ever -expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. For more information: www.waa.ca
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, WAA is seeking a Vice President, IT who will act as a key member of the Executiv e team and play a critical role in enabling WAA to deliver against its strategy and mandate for service to the community. As such the person in this role will have the potential to make a meaningful and lasting positive impact for those that WAA serves.
In this role you will have overall ownership and accountability for developing and executing WAA’s end-to-end IT strategy in support of a newly established corporate strategic plan. The goal is to ensure there is a sustainable, coordinated plan for technology adoption that supports our people to do their best work and deliver outstanding levels of service for our passengers, our customers and our partners.
As the successful candidate you will be first and foremost an accomplished people leader who understands the importance of supporting and developing your team and building a healthy and high-performance culture. You must be a strategic thinker who not only possesses solid technical competencies but is able to work collaboratively across the airport to understand the needs of WAA and those of our business partners, develop coherent solutions and deliver outstanding levels of customer service both internally and externally. The ability to effectively communicate in ‘plain English’ especially to those with a non -technical background is a critical asset.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to understand complexity and identify patterns/trends, and will possess excellent leadership, communication, decision-making, problem solving, and systems-thinking skills.
▪ Lead the development and execution of the WAA’s end-to-end IT strategy, advancing technology initiatives in support of the WAA’s new corporate strategic plan by understanding and addressing the needs of WAA, its people, its partners and customers
▪ Lead and develop the WAA IT team, champion a healthy, positive and high performance culture for our people
▪ Enhance digital safety and cybersecurity, leading initiatives that meet and/or exceed the standards set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
▪ Act as a business partner and thought leader, offering insights and guidance in the utilization of technology, software architecture, systems design, and digital transformation.
▪ Develop and finalize an IT operating model and plan aligned to strategy and business needs, identifying capital expenditures, operating expenses, change requirements, risks, and benefits.
▪ As a WAA leader, establish positive relationships with colleagues at a ll levels, partners, suppliers, customers, and the public.
▪ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or equivalent education and experience.
▪ Ten plus years progressively senior experience in information and communications technology roles in mid -to-large organizations.
▪ Exemplary leadership skills, modelling WAA’s core values, cultivating a positive work culture, and growing and developing people.
▪ Integrated systems-thinking with a track record of driving change, continuous improvement, and superior results.
▪ Strategic thinker, with the ability to leverage a broad knowledge base of current and emerging technology solutions.
▪ The capacity to understand and apply technology, develop innovative yet practical solutions, and make intelligent decisions a nd investments to improve business performance.
▪ Substantial exposure to in-house and shared or outsourced systems, multiple hardware platforms, and integrated information and communications systems.
▪ Expertise anticipating and mitigating risk and maintaining key security management frameworks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person