Our Client requires the services of a cyber security specialist to join its existing information security team and assist in day-to-day security operations activities, perform ongoing security monitoring, complete security infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, implement improvements to Client's security infrastructure, provide consulting expertise to Client projects, and ensure the security infrastructure meets or exceeds Cliemt information management security requirements and evolves with industry and regulatory changes.
The contractor will provide the following services:
Skill or Knowledge Skill Required
- Administer and maintain Client's security systems and infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, VPNs, vulnerability scanning tools, web proxies, SIEMs, endpoint security solutions, etc.), and security services within the AWS cloud environment (AWS GuardDuty, Security Hub, Trusted Advisor, IAM Access Analyzer, CloudWatch Anomaly Detection, etc.)
- Performing ongoing security monitoring of events reported by security systems, SIEMs, and cloud security monitoring services, and assess, respond to, and resolve security events (incidents, vulnerabilities, threats, and overall risk).
- Respond to security incidents involving malware events on employee laptops, including isolating the laptop, containing the threat, communicating to the affected employee, analyzing the source of the threat, and adjusting existing controls as necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct vulnerability and risk assessments, perform root cause analysis of security incidents, provide recommendations for improvements, and implement the recommendations as appropriate.
- Leverage the security and IT infrastructure to assist the incident response team in resolving critical technical incidents by combining your expertise in both event analysis through SIEMs and network packet captures of network traffic traversing across firewalls, routers, proxies, load balancers, and hosts.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Client's security policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to existing or new security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Continuously improve and advance Client's IT infrastructure by assessing overall risk and mitigation effectiveness in face of evolving network attacks and threat vectors, as well as changes in industry best practices.
- Document procedures/processes/implementations for reference and knowledge transfer.
- Provide security consulting expertise for Client projects as needed.
Skill Level *
(Intermediate or Senior) Additional Comments Information Security
Firewall Administration / Management Yes Senior Advanced Networking Knowledge/Experience Yes Senior Demonstrated, hands-on networking experience Threat Hunting Yes Intermediate SIEM Administration / Management Yes Intermediate Vulnerability Scanning Yes Intermediate Malware investigation & analysis Yes Senior Incident Response Yes Senior Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Yes Intermediate AWS Security Services Yes Intermediate VPN Administration Yes Intermediate Interpreting Requirements Yes Intermediate Industry Best Practices/Trends/Technologies Yes Senior ITIL Yes Intermediate Problem-Solving Yes Senior Demonstrated, hands-on experience with Level 3 support Technical Design Documentation Yes Senior Verbal Communication Yes Intermediate Written Communication Yes Senior Workload Management Yes Senior Execution of tasks with little to no follow up. Take ownership of issues / tasks and drive them to resolution in a timely manner.
Take initiative on identifying problems and opportunities for improvement. Collaborative Yes Senior Must collaborate with many stakeholders on a regular basis.