Position: Privacy Program Analyst
Reports To: Privacy Officer
Contract Type: Indefinite, Full Time
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy rights of individuals whose information is in CPABC's custody and control. As a public body, CPABC is required to comply with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
CPABC is seeking a detailed and process oriented individual for the position of Privacy Program Analyst. We are proud and honoured to have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for a fourth consecutive year in 2023. Come join a collaborative network of like-minded professionals and take the first step towards an exciting opportunity by applying to the position.
The Privacy Program Analyst is responsible for supporting the Privacy Officer in compliance and risk management related to FOIPPA and CASL. The role focuses largely on ensuring privacy compliance including the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and destruction of personal information. The role also focuses on managing privacy risk pre-emptively with proactive measures.
· Support privacy training and awareness efforts;
· Work with business unit contacts to gather information on new initiatives and enhancements to existing programs to perform privacy impact assessments;
· Assist with containing and investigating suspected or real privacy incidents;
· Monitor and assess impact of changes in privacy and anti-spam legislation in BC, Canada and abroad;
· Assist with ongoing and collaborative reviews to ensure that the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and destruction of personal information is in compliance with FOIPPA;
· Build partnerships with CPABC staff to provide technical expertise, support and guidance on best practices on privacy and CASL matters;
· Interact on a regular basis with CPABC colleagues to answer questions, and to understand operational changes, to ensure continued compliance with privacy and CASL legislation;
· Maintain CPABC’s records management system for the privacy team;
· Maintain the Personal Information Bank;
· Prepare analytics and reports as required;
· Respond to complex student and member confirmation requests;
· Perform records searches and redactions in response to Freedom of Information access requests and legal requests;
· Assist, as necessary, with the maintenance of the CASL consent repository in collaboration with Member Records;
· Assist with special projects;
· Provide input into and implement continuous process improvements;
Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
· Completed bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline;
· Minimum of 1 year experience researching, interpreting and applying FOIPPA / Privacy legislation policies and directives;
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, selecting and implementing the best solutions in a timely manner;
· Refined written and verbal communication skills;
· Highly professional, diplomatic and tactful with strong decision making and judgement skills;
· Familiarity with technology tools and cyber-security;
· Proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects or programs; effectively prioritizing multiple deadlines and projects;
· Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills along with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
If this job outline describes you, please apply with your résumé by May 22, 2023.
We thank in advance all candidates who respond; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Why join our team? CPABC offers an entrepreneurial environment with a competitive compensation package. At CPABC we live our core values:
- We Are Open
- We Work Together
- We Communicate
- We Improve Every Day
- We Are Professional
- We Laugh and Celebrate
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is the training, governing, and regulatory body for over 39,000 CPA members and 6,000 CPA students and candidates. CPABC carries out its primary mission to protect the public by enforcing the highest professional and ethical standards and contributing to the advancement of public policy. CPAs are recognized internationally for bringing superior financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, and leadership to organizations. CPABC is proud to have been presented with a fourth consecutive BC Top Employer award in 2023.