Program Analyst, Housing
Human Services – Housing Services
CUPE LOCAL 9 66
- 2 Regular Full-time
- 4 Contract Full-time up to 12 months
$75,319.00- $89,619.00/year Work mode:
Remote * see below for more details about this work mode. Location:
10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton Hours of work:
35 hour/week Who we are:
Housing Services l eads service system planning and management of housing and homelessness programs and services with a view to policy and service integration. Helps improve these services through effective planning, based on local information and research about the needs of Peel’s many different communities.
“Housing Services is passionately committed to ensuring stable, affordable, appropriate housing and supports in Peel. We manage a collaborative system of care focused on delivering services with compassion and respect in a way that preserves dignity.” The Role:
The Housing Analyst develops , implements and maintains the Housing Client Services programs and initiatives in Housing to get and keep people housed while ensuring alignment with the Peel Housing and Homelessness Plan and the Region of Peel’s strategic vision.
The Housing Analyst provides client service-based policy and program analysis, co-ordinates projects, and prepares reports to advise Human Services Senior Management, analyzes trends, conducts research, develops new processes and implements process improvements and communication strategies regarding policy and program changes in Housing and Homelessness.What You Will Do In This Role
What The Role Requires
- Develops, implements and maintains client services programs, policies and processes to respond to the housing needs of Peel residents, including working with other business units in Housing Supply, Systems Planning, Performance and Partnerships, and other Regional partners to develop and support initiatives
- Collects, analyzes, maintains and evaluates client services data from different sources to support Housing and Homelessness
- Provides information and analytical reports to the Human Services Senior Management Team as well as to Council on matters related to Housing and Homelessness
- Prepare contracts, letters of agreement with external partners
- Provides direction, interpretation of policy or other relevant information to Housing Client Services staff
- Lead and facilitates the development of Divisional and/or Departmental work groups to ensure coordinated and integrated policy development, program planning and evaluation, and process improvement for areas affecting housing clients directly
- Manages program work plans and provides progress reporting
- Consolidates, analyzes and summarizes program budget, investigates causes of budget variances, prepares regular budget updates and projections, accruals and recommend future investment strategies
- Represents the Region as a liaison in the community and participates in internal and external committees that align with supports directly affecting clients
- Works collaboratively to maintain close and effective working relationship with other Regional staff, other levels of government, service providers, users, and the community for awareness of evolving client issues and concerns
- Maintains a basic understanding of other key government policy, programs and legislation relevant to Housing and Homelessness in Peel
Perks @ Peel and why you will love working for us:
- College Diploma in the Human Services field, combined with a minimum of three (3) years work experience in housing and homelessness, policy development and research and analysis
- Specific knowledge of housing and homelessness programs and services, human services programs, planning, levels of government, community resources and services
- Knowledge of the Housing Services Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) , and other applicable social legislation
- Strong research, analytical skills and proven ability to synthesize diverse information from many sources and develop recommendations
- Knowledge and Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Strong communication and written skills with the ability to prepare reports and present to various audiences
- Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to lead groups through various forms of discussions
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience with MS Office Applications
- Experience with Housing and Homelessness enabling technology
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are currently in the bargaining unit.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan (where applicable)
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis starting at 2 weeks per annum
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
This position is a bargaining unit position represented by CUPE Local 966. Continuous employment is not guaranteed and may be subject to layoffs as outlined in the Collective Agreement Article 15.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
- Work Mode: In this role you will have the ability to work mostly remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
Peel Region consists of the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the town of Caledon. The Region of Peel delivers essential services to more than 1.5 million residents and approximately 175,000 businesses.
We’re working to create a community that is safe, inclusive, and accessible. A place where everyone feels they belong and can access the services they need to thrive throughout each stage of life.
Our workforce is 6,500 strong and s ince 1974, we’ve been delivering a wide range of resident focused services. Our services include paramedic services, health programs, long-term care and services for seniors, child care support, garbage collection and recycling, waste water and water treatment, road maintenance, financial assistance, and housing support.
Recognized by Canada's Healthy Workplace Month® with the Great Employer Award
presented by Excellence Canada, the Region of Peel is a place where everyone feels they belong. We strive to develop a workplace that values and respects diversity, practices inclusion, recognizes the unique contributions and abilities of all people and facilitates innovative thinking. At Region of Peel, people come first. Each employee has an important role within our community and when we work together, it’s impactful. We encourage you to join us in delivering essential services and programs to our diverse community. You won't find a better opportunity than the Region of Peel.Additional Information
The Region of Peel is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is respected and valued for their contributions, and where everyone is treated fairly and has opportunity to grow and develop. As one of the most diverse regions in Canada, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the population we serve.
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.