Benevity's award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We're also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we're as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Are you looking to develop your career in the Information Security space?
You are a security nerd that is as comfortable talking about ciphers with technical colleagues as you are talking about compliance frameworks and risk with Executives and Auditors.
Your approach is operational but rooted in pragmatism. Meaning, you are prepared to take deep dives into minutiae and put forward risk reduction recommendations with the understanding that security is not absolute and that an innovative and responsive culture must be preserved.
You will become an integral part of our amazing team, liaising with Engineering and Risk & Compliance to ensure the secure and compliant operation of our systems.
What You Will Do
- Part of the team working on our day-to-day security practice (under the supervision of our Security Operations Manager)
- Reviewing and analyzing security-related events, assessing criticality and priority
- Working with peers in Information Technology, Engineering and Site Reliability teams to perform assessments of infrastructure and/or applications and develop remediation plans
- Develop a deep understanding of security concepts, practices and tools used at Benevity and within the industry. Over time, become an internal subject matter expert and provide consultancy and support for our Engineering teams.
- Assisting with the development and training of security awareness in the organization
- Providing evidence of control compliance to auditors
- Create new processes, resources and reference content both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team. Pilot new content, and help develop new standards with supporting resources.
- Develop creative ways to support the Engineering organization's growth and learning around our standard security processes. Produce self-serve resources and assist with training events.
- Work with Engineering teams to proactively identify potential attack vectors and mitigation strategies early in the SDLC
- Actively researches and keeps abreast of technology trends in the context of adapting and continuously improving security around web applications
What You Bring
- You are a learn-a-lot, not a know-it-all
- A certificate, diploma or degree in an IT-based discipline
- Security experience with web applications and security technologies
- Knowledge of secure coding principles and best practices for web applications
- Extensive knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, attack techniques, and remediation tactics and strategies
- Proficiency with core security tools like nmap, Nessus, Kali, web application scanners
- Familiarity with Amazon Linux, Windows, Apache, IIS, Tomcat, MySQL, MS SQL, PHP, Java, Managed File Transfer Servers
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IPS/IDS, HTTPS/Ciphers, SSL Certificates
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
- Familiarity with information security best practices and tools
- Understanding of business process and IT general controls, risk management, and related standards
If you're a passionate problem solver and want to put your skills to use helping the world's coolest companies do more good in the world, Benevity is the place for you. You'll be part of a team with a 99% client retention rate — the highest in the SaaS space — so you can learn and grow with the best.
You'll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity's very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity's DNA. You'll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.